Facebook contacts delete?

tonythedroid2

Reaction score
Ok I have a droid 2 and I can't delete these FB contacts, I used the social networking fb account, I deleted the account but the contacts are still there. Any help plzzzz I hate having these contacts there. I have a stock firmware to

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I believe you have to wipe data, and start over.

OP
T

tonythedroid2

Reaction score
Ughhhh are you serious :mad:

pointit

Reaction score
I've also had this problem, it seems like it's only the droid 2 also, other android users don't have this problem

And it is quite annoying having all of my 400 FB friends added to my contacts list.

OP
T

tonythedroid2

Reaction score
Atleast im not goin crazy lls

sa1

Reaction score
So you removed your Facebook account through the Accounts menu and the contacts are still there? That happened to me, after a few boots they eventually went away though. I'm pretty annoyed at how Facebook integration is on the Droid 2. Still trying to find out if there's a way to manually update Facebook profile pictures tied to contacts.

Reaction score
You could go to settings -> applications -> manage applications and find the Contacts Storage app and clear its data. This will wipe all contacts from your phone. Just resync your google account, and all your google contacts will be pushed back to the phone. I don't use the integrated FB app, but I thought that its contacts were separate from the google contacts.

OP
T

tonythedroid2

Reaction score
Thanks guys thats settings,applications, manage apps works, just reinstall from google. But when i first deleted the contacts it said u need a valod account to save numbers....to help this jus turn the phone off then back on

xXFlashXx517

Reaction score
Or in your contacts you can always hit the settings key and click display group and then just click on the method you want your contacts to be organized.

nyrieland

Reaction score
If I clear out the contacts storage then I'll lose all my phone numbers too, right? Wish there was an easier way to select and delete from the contacts list.

newk8600

Reaction score
If I clear out the contacts storage then I'll lose all my phone numbers too, right? Wish there was an easier way to select and delete from the contacts list.
If you are synced with gmail for contacts then when you resync after clearing then the contacts will still be there minus the facebook contacts because you haven't synced with facebook.

This is why I don't have a facebook :p

Khiraji

Reaction score
Still trying to find out if there's a way to manually update Facebook profile pictures tied to contacts.

Some people have had success with an app called SyncMyPix. Personally, it fubar'd my contacts (made a bunch of duplicates, linking errors, wrong assigning of pictures) and I had to resort to a Nandroid backup. Give it a shot though, I've heard many success stories with it.

teejayr

Reaction score
I just had the same problem with my HTC Thunderbolt, and I found how to remove all the contacts (maybe it will help you). Settings>> Accounts & Sync >> Click facebook >> then Remove account.. Worked for me, maybe will work for you :)

Nitro Mustang

Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks, that worked for me :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App