Remove Facebook from My Accounts

YoJr

Reaction score
I noticed a month ago that the social networking app was not updating with new people I added on Facebook in my contacts. I went into the settings --> my accounts and tried removing my FB account but it gives me an access is denied error. I try updating the password to make sure that it wasn't the issue and it just stays on updating facebook information. I checked all my security in FB to make sure it wasn't something in there blocking it. I can successfully log into the facebook app so I know it isn't something there. I would like to just remove it out of the social networking account and use the facebook app but it is not letting me. I do not have a rooted phone and DO NOT want to root it. I also am hoping that I don't have to reset the phone settings to do this as I don't want to go through the pain of readding all of my apps and work data. Thank you for the help.

OP
Y

YoJr

Reaction score
Hmmm... I thought there might be some sort of suggestion by now. Take it no one else has had a problem with this. Looks like a phone reset might be in my future.

cgh

Reaction score
Same Problem

I'm having the exact same problem. I tried to remove my Twitter and Facebook accounts and were given a similar error.

jbat70

Reaction score
also have same problem - Remove Facebook from My Accounts

I am having the same issue. I get access denied when trying to remove fb account. everything was working fine and then all of a sudden, it said the fb password or user name was incorrect. I never changed it but it wont let me update (just says updating facebook services but nothing changes. I tried soft battery removal, cant get fb removed or back working again.. help!!!

jadk1432

Reaction score
remove facebook

I am also unable to remove my facebook account from my droid 2. I get the incorrect password error even though I have not changed it. Someone should be able to tell us how to fix this.

Karyn12508

Reaction score
To get Facebook out of your accounts first you have to uninstall you Facebook app completely. Then go to your accounts and remove the account. otherwise it will continue to say access denied.

TigerMc

Reaction score
HOW do I uninstall the Facebook App? I've searched the internet but everything says to touch the UNINSTALL tab . . . but uninstall never comes up as an option for me. This is probably a stupid question, but is clearing the cache or clearing data the same? I'm afraid to do either of those.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
HOW do I uninstall the Facebook App? I've searched the internet but everything says to touch the UNINSTALL tab . . . but uninstall never comes up as an option for me. This is probably a stupid question, but is clearing the cache or clearing data the same? I'm afraid to do either of those.

I could be wrong but I believe that the Razr MAXX has Facebook preinstalled and can not be removed without rooting. The best you can do is disable it through settings. If you are having issues with it you can try the options you mentioned, force close it, and then see if it is working.

TigerMc

Reaction score
uninstalling FB

It's not so much that I'm having trouble with Facebook, but I'm having trouble with holding onto the gps signal, as well as poor signal strength in general, despite my husband's and friends' (Verizon & Droid) phones having strong signals when I barely have one at all. I rarely have more than 1 bar, and even more rarely have 4G. GPS signal drops about every 20 seconds, making it pretty much useless, whether for navigation or tracking cycling workouts.
I've read others' posts that say removing Facebook helps. And since I find Facebook more annoying than anything else, I'm happy to give that a try.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Oh, OK. Have not heard anything about that to comment on whether or not it will help, but if you are not using Facebook then disabling it should be something good to try out.

Let me know how it goes.