Extremely proud of Verizon and the Thunderbolt!

want a droid

Reaction score
Also agree with the positive post. I'm coming from a droid 2 and haven't looked back once.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

RedTarget

Reaction score
I also am completely satisfied with the Thunderbolt so far. Coming from a D1 that was running 1ghz, there's no comparison. The Tbolt is leaps and bounds faster and much smoother. On my D1 I had Launcher Pro and loved how it smoothed the experience out, but Sense on the Tbolt is proving to be much better.

The lack of a physical keyboard, one of the things I was concerned about, has not been a problem at all. The only application that I miss using a physical keyboard with is PhoneMyPC. It adds a few extra clicks to the process, but nothing I can't deal with.

My only real gripe comes with the Notification LED. On the Droid, I could spot the led from across the room at almost any angle. Also I could set the LED color for each notification type, which so far it is appearing that we have green, green and green as our LED colors. :(

The battery hasn't been an issue (I'm in a 3g only area).... I've had it off the charger now for 8 hours and am at 70% and have had to show it off to everyone in the office. So it's been browsing the web, few sessions of angry birds rio and many texts and emails. I also have to mention that my old Droid would be at 70% at this point as well... so I'm not seeing the battery issues that some are.

I like the build quality, even the heft that others haven't liked. To me, a good solid phone is better than carrying a light piece of plastic around that flexes and creaks. The 3g speed has been better than my D1 and Voice and Data at the same time is an added bonus! Two Thumbs up!

perfoliate

Reaction score
I also agree with everyone here. This phone is super smooth. Although I couldn't resist rooting and debloating :)

Sent from my ADR6400L

TDevilsG

Reaction score
I'm a fan of this thread. It's cool to see what people came from in particular. dancedroid

I myself came from an original Droid 1. I picked it up in February 2010. I was able to get an early upgrade for 20 bucks more, and it was absolutely worth it. I, too, rooted my Droid 1 and put custom roms on it. I overclocked it a little bit, at the expense of the battery life of course. But I thought the Droid 1 was overall one of the best phones I have ever owned.

I really like the Thunderbolt so far. There was battery issues during the first couple of days of use, but similar to the Droid 1, it just took a little bit of time to figure out how to get around them. You need to do a little bit of tweaking, like any good smartphone. The stock version is old but very nice. I'm looking forward to the inevitable software update and an upgrade of the launcher. The screen is brilliant the 4G coverage is very fast. It's taken me some time to get used to the virtual keyboard as my primary keyboard, but I've gotten over it a little bit. I do like to use Swype. The battery lasts me one full day. Thats all that I can really ask for right now.

I plan on holding onto this phone, taking extra good care of it, and possibly selling it down the line when its still worth something on ebay. Then I will upgrade as I am not up for another eligible upgrade until December 2012. :/ But overall, I am very pleased with the power and speed of the phone in all aspects. The GPS is also very, very good. Considering it's also stocked with 40 Gigs of hard drive space, you can also fit a ton of music and other files into it. I will eventually root it when the process is simplified because I think that was one of the most enjoyable aspects of having the Droid 1. I also like getting updated technology months in advance.

TDevilsG

Reaction score
My only real gripe comes with the Notification LED. On the Droid, I could spot the led from across the room at almost any angle. Also I could set the LED color for each notification type, which so far it is appearing that we have green, green and green as our LED colors. :(

Agreed. I really liked the LED light on the Original Droid. I miss it to be honest. I think this LED is definitely inferior. But oh well - it's a minor complaint for me.

bplewis24

Reaction score
What I like about this thread is that it is an illustration of the choice you get with Android. Some love Sense. Some want to install a different launcher. Some want to root. They all love their phone.

Brandon

bbccoach

Reaction score
Agreed....got mine Saturday, and have been nothing but impressed...

Sent from my 4G LTE Thunderbolt

cowboys9srt4

Reaction score
Coming from a broken storm, this is the phone after my dream phone. I had the incredible for 30 days in November and I returned it to wait for this phone. Definitely worth the wait. No gripes whatsoever

Sent with a bolt of lightning using DroidForums App