External Speaker audio quality/artifacting

lyam

Reaction score
At first I thought this related to the google voice search issue, but now that seems to be resolved.

Audio that is played through the external speaker on the back of the droid has started to sound fuzzy. If you listen closely it sounds as if there is some kind of electronic artifact, a light buzzing/hissing/crackling during play. It almost sounds as if the speaker is "blown".

Anyone else with this issue? How was it resolved? Return to Verizon? Ugh.

OP
L

lyam

Reaction score
Guess it's just me and likely a hardware problem Damned irritating but I guess it happens. Luckily I'm within my 30 day window. Anyone else exchange their phone for the same model within their 30 day window? Was it a new phone or refurbished? What did you back up? Your entire SD card?

Thanks again.

OP
L

lyam

Reaction score
Anyone else exchange their phone for the same model within their 30 day window? Was it a new phone or refurbished? What did you back up? Your entire SD card?

Thanks.

OP
L

lyam

Reaction score
Little Help? Am I invisible? Should I start talking about 2.1 to get a response?

dhinged

Reaction score
I'm experiencing crackling issues with YouTube and Pandora (though not internal music player) above half-volume. I can't imagine they tested this with the crackling and said "OK! Good to go!" so I'm going to contact Verizon and see what they say.

pyrofreak

Reaction score
its not just my external speaker its where you hear through its popping and cracking and i can barely hear people i have one of the first droids and everybody that has the droid has a different keyboard on theirs but they got theirs later i wonder if i can return mine im far from the 30 day window and i didnt screw up the phone so they should give me a new one right?

roxitheatre

Reaction score
Exchanging Droid within 30 days

Little Help? Am I invisible? Should I start talking about 2.1 to get a response?

Hi, I have exchanged 3 (!) Droids, all Incredible 1st version. My understanding is that the phone is guaranteed for a year. I made my exchanges through different Verizon stores, even though I originally bought the phone from one of those shopping mall kiosks, which was not an actual Verizon retail store.