Extended slim battery vanished from Seidio site

Ninjak

Reaction score
To all those interested in the slim extended battery from Seidio, I just noticed, strangely, that it's no longer listed on the Droid product page at all. Just last week it was still listed as being in development. Anyone heard a status recently? While I'm getting the 2800mah extended anyway, I was looking forward to the extended slim as a backup. Hopefully seidioseidio can update us.

gixxerboy

Reaction score
either there done with development and they will be selling the battery soon or they gave up on it bc they are lazy and they will not be selling it.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Perhaps they stopped work on it when it continued to spontaneously combust during the charging sequence, resulting in a number crispy Droids. :)

SStratman

Reaction score
Hey all, I think this is my first actual post on this forum so hello to all!!!
Anyways, I too noticed this happen today and had a little chat with a Seidio rep and he said basically they took it down because of the flood of requests they were getting for it, but NOT to worry as its still in development!
So then I asked if there is any time frame yet and he said there is no OFFICIAL eta yet but probably expect it in the next 2-3 months, and finally I inquired about mAh it will have and he didn't have any details on that...
So hopefully that clears up the mystery surrounding this products disappearance on the Seidio site!!!

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if the slim extended will have the same problem as the fat extended battery. Apparently, the Droid doesn't register the battery as one different from the stock battery and when the extended is at half capacity it reads as being dead or close to dead. It reads at 100% or close to it after the phone is restarted.

Does anyone have the extended battery that can confirm or deny this?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm curious to know if the slim extended will have the same problem as the fat extended battery. Apparently, the Droid doesn't register the battery as one different from the stock battery and when the extended is at half capacity it reads as being dead or close to dead. It reads at 100% or close to it after the phone is restarted.

Does anyone have the extended battery that can confirm or deny this?

This is one of the things that i know for awhile was a problem, i haven't heard of any update on this.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
They really dropped the ball on this one. They should have had this thing available soon after the Droid was released. I was certainly patiently waiting on the slim extended battery but eventually got tired of waiting and bought a regular spare.

Reaction score
IIRC the slim extended just became a slim "replacement" at about the same capacity as stock.

theecigarman

Reaction score
According to the Seidio twitter account, they have pulled it due to wanting to make sure it works before release. I say it's dead.