Extended networks...is there any way to select the extended network you wnt 2 use..?

highendsight

Reaction score
Hi all...
where I moved recently turns out there is no service on my Droid X flashed to MetroPCS here...but my neighbor uses ATT and has great service...my phone has 3 bars on Extended Network which goes directly back to Verizon:angry: who systematically will not put my calls through regardless if there is a signal or not. I do not know enough about the nature of extended networks and roaming... is there a way to pick which network I "extend" to...? Can I skip any and all things Verizon...?

Any help is greatly appreciated...!

OP
H

highendsight

Reaction score
thanks wcjeep...
I was not aware they had come up with any decent booster hardware yet ! good idea...! I shall investigate further... any other brands to look for...? ...how does one measure the strength of these devices...are they measured in frequency (hertz...)...?

wcjeep

Reaction score
Verizon output power is capped at .25watts. I think the FCC max is 3.3watts. The Sleek is 2watt output. Its a single device solution. They do sell equipment to cover an entire room and five devices. . Of course the price goes up. The Sleek works on AT&T, Sprint, TMobile and Verizon.