Extended battery

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the Seidio 3500mah extended battery at seidioonline.com for $69.95 (ouch). While Verizon's extended battery causes a bump, it's nothing to Seidio's.

One thing to consider; if you get a 3rd party extended battery, it may not fit the Bionic Dock and you may have to change the case (if you're using one).

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
yeah it does look like the 4000+ batteries cause a bump reminiscent of moto's first flip phone (1990's) lol. The only case I use is a bright blue silicone cover b/c it makes it easier for me to keep up with my phone :p I tend to take it off cause it doesn't slide in and out of my pocket easily at that..

Speed, I'm tending to side with you on this one, moto is having difficulty in getting everything just right for this phone, and it's some of the newest tech out there... I could only imagine the trouble a 3rd party would have in developing for it.... to qoute a moto rep I spoke with, and had an interesting loopdeloo of an argument with.. "Motorola employs the best technicians in the world" ... this about fixing my data drop issue :p

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the Seidio 3500mah extended battery at seidioonline.com for $69.95 (ouch). While Verizon's extended battery causes a bump, it's nothing to Seidio's.

One thing to consider; if you get a 3rd party extended battery, it may not fit the Bionic Dock and you may have to change the case (if you're using one).

also looks like a bump in size... that thing looks huge and not natural looking like the stock extended... I was looking at the ebay ones but i haven't seen any reviews yet

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tas

Reaction score
My coworker has the charge and had bought the extended battery a while ago. He said that yesterday, it came up saying that the battery is not recognized anymore.

Has anyone else had this problem? I tried searching but couldn't find anything. Also, his phone is not rooted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

locknessmanster

Reaction score
Hello all I just got the extended battery I think 400 ohm or what ever that is so my question is does the built in system adjust to show the increase in available power or is there a certain app or widget that reads more accurate since it seems my phone has said 5% battery remaining for the las 1.5 hrs any ideas

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Motorola extended battery seems to play better with the Bionic than the Mugen or Seidio ones. I use the Bada$$ Battery Monitor (substitute 'ss' for '$$'). It sits on the Notifications Bar and gives you percentage in single digits. When you pull the Bar down it gives you some information and when you press the app it gives you a lot more. Recommended by FoxKat.

jssmith76

Reaction score
Just downloaded this app. So far, I love it. However, for the life of me, I can't find a way to get rid of the so keep battery display on the notification bar? Also, is there a way to move the bada$$ icon to the right side of the notification bar?

This post is BIONIC!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, you need to root in order to remove the OEM battery monitor.

locknessmanster

Reaction score
Ok so also where is the best step by step instructions to root a bionic and where do I get the files dont know if it matters but I have verizon as my carrier thanks

locknessmanster

Reaction score
How do you remove the oem battery driver and could that fix my issue

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would say post that question over to either the Bionic Tech Support forum or Bionic Hack forum on this site.

The alternative would be to install the Battery Left widget. It has 3 lines of information. Then use Voltage as your guide. That's what I had to do with the Seidio extended battery and my OG Droid. I knew that when it was 4200mV the battery was full and at 3500mV I'd have to charge.