Extended battery

Vidguy7

Reaction score
I think it's easier to go with the extended battery (although I have the dock too) so that you don't have to take the cover off, swap the batteries and reboot the phone.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I agree opening and closing the phone will cause wear and tear that is not needed.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
2 days??? Try 6-7 hours...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

lol +1....im at 50% after 4 hours...im guessing its because its looking for 4g all the time?? i dont have 4g yet in my area.

thac

Reaction score
I haven't used the extended battery, but I bought the dock with second battery at the Verizon store and love it. Having two batteries and no extra weight on the phone is pretty clutch.

Vidguy7

Reaction score
It's hard to say which is the better way to go, two lightweight batteries or one extended battery. With the extended battery, the phone just keeps going without having to replace a battery, pulling the back off and having to reboot the phone or having to carry an extra battery. The problem carrying an extra battery is that it has to be in a pocket with no coins that might short the terminals and not in the same pocket as the phone so you don't scratch the phone.

On the other hand, having two thin batteries keeps the thin form factor of the phone and keeps the phone light. I've got 2 regular batteries and a heavy duty battery, so I can go either way.

jimmerz

Reaction score
2 days??? Try 6-7 hours...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

lol +1....im at 50% after 4 hours...im guessing its because its looking for 4g all the time?? i dont have 4g yet in my area.

You can fix that...

Settings > Wireless & network > Mobile networks > System selction > CDMA mode. I am sure by default LTE automatic is checked.

I have chargers everywhere I am. My battery is always around 70%-100%, lol I have learned Smartphones batteries never last very long.

butterfras

Reaction score
I think I might get the dock with the extra battery and leave that at work. Then, I could just swap batteries at lunch or so and always have one on standby. That's where my big battery drain is. My office is like a bunker, so every phone I've had dies fast.

Bugler

Reaction score
I understand the "bunker effect", because the buildings where I work are hard on a battery. I bought the extended, can get 12 hours out of it while at work, and more when not there. Usage is still the key for longer times.

As for a case for the extended, the Verizon holster for the kickstand case/shell holds the phone with the extended battery very well. I've used it for several weeks and it has not slipped or fallen out, once. It is actually a little tough to get it out until you "learn" the process.

AppliedScience

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on extended life battery for the DroidX.
Links too if possible.

Stock battery just doesn't cut it as far as length of charge goes.
Thanks.
AppliedScience

Sent from my DX using DroidForums

msscull

Reaction score
Use Motorola's extended battery I got at the VZW store. Works great. 2 days of battery life.

ras0787

Reaction score
I have the BH6X from Motorola. It isn't very bulky and gives me much better battery life. probably like 2-3 extra hours of use time. I charge my battery every night anyway so I really just need it to last me the day. Some days are long though, with very heavy phone use lol. Pretty good step up from the stock battery if you ask me.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
As much as I wanna shoot motorola in the foot right now... there is something that absolutely has my interest 100% on the bionic right now. Has anyone tried out these 4000MAH or 4200MAH batteries on e - bay!?!?!?! X_X That would last me all day and then some! (of course only if I carry the other battery in my pocket but still this is insane! Are these good quality batteries that actually output that high?

*crossing fingers for some good bionic news for once!*

is a bay link allowed in these forums?

xmguy

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd trust aftermarket batteries. Plus it may SAY 4000mAh but it probably isn't. I just bought the 2000+ OEM Extended from VZW. These data issues (3G only for me) are killing my battery. I'd just go with oem. Just get 2 OEM extended batteries. Yeah they are not cheap. Better that than the battery explode or just not take a charge or last long. Not worth it IMHO.

AlexSB

Reaction score
4000mah that should last you a WEEK lol ok maybe not all week but I can just imagine the hump that thing would create. I've been interested in Mugen, someone posted something interesting a while ago.

And you might be able to still get the extended battery from Verizon at cheaper cus of the promo, make sure to ask around when you call

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk