Extended battery

ObieNobie

Reaction score
So ive been getting about 10 to 12 hours with stock battery only problem is I need about 2 more hours sense I will be going on vacation and won't have access to elec for quite some time durring the day. I was wondering if there were any good extended batteries that didn't add any extra bulk. If so what is the best one?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

DroidsAreFTW

Reaction score
Just like turn off wifi so it doesnt keep searching and turn off gps, do you use your phone all day?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
ObieNobie

ObieNobie

Reaction score
I have 3g wifi bluetooth and gps all turned off when I'm not using it and I use setcpu to underclock. Just need a few extra hours.

OP
ObieNobie

ObieNobie

Reaction score
I have everything I can to save power on. I legitly and 99% sure there is nothing else I can do. Only other thing is a larger battery I just don't want one that lumps out.

Reaction score
Well, seidio offers a 1500mah battery that doesn't stick out at all, but you'd be better off spending an extra $10 or so for the 1800mAh battery from VZW. It sticks out, but only slightly. If you have a white D2G, you'll want the extended battery kit for the R2D2, as it's a matching white.

Jordan8

Reaction score
The extended battery by moto adds very little bulk & you get ~20% extra battery. Most cases will still fit with it, ones that wont you can just not use a battery cover(what I do) & it'll fit fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
The extended battery by moto adds very little bulk & you get ~20% extra battery. Most cases will still fit with it, ones that wont you can just not use a battery cover(what I do) & it'll fit fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Actually, its closer to 32% more capacity, and i like the little extra to grab onto that it gives. But thats purely a personal preference. The ext. batt cover also fit more tightly than the stock! What a bonus i found that to be

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

OP
ObieNobie

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Just wondering with all these numbers being thrown around how much mah is the stock battery. Also will siedo case fit the moto battery?

OP
ObieNobie

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Bump

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Stock battery is ~1420 mAh, extended is ~1840 (or 60 i forgot lol)
It doesnt give a noticeable bulge from another person's perspective, and honestly it is only a couple millimeters at most larger.

Mathematically if you are already getting 10 to 12 hours, you'll manage roughly 13 to 16 with the extended.

The only thing is the 50 dollar price tag (if you go with the motorola), but i went to a verizon store and there was free 2nd or 3rd day delivery. Was sweet.

OP
ObieNobie

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Do you know if the seidio case will still fit with the vzw battery?

TwoBuells

Reaction score
The BP7X Motorola Extended Battery and Door will add the thickness of a quarter to your Droid 2 Global.
My work day is 10 hours. During a 12 hour period my stock battery will go from full charge to about 40~50 %
My Extended Battery in the same work day at the 12 hour point is 60~70%
My D2G is rooted, running Fisson rom. I use Bluetooth, play mp3's for 10 hours, take a few call, send a few text msgs, and surf the net for about 30 min. Thats my workday

BP7X.jpg

Reaction score

Yep. You'll have to leave the battery door off, though. Don't worry, i ran mine this way for months with no issues. The battery fits so tight that nothing can get in there and there's no way it will wiggle loose or fall out. I even dropped mine multiple times with no issues.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
As far as throwing numbers around, the battery is literally 32% larger (in capacity, not dimension), you will literally get 32% more use with it. Crunch you own numbers based on your usage.

jcl197

Reaction score

The Seido Innocase Active fits with the Extended Battery and the Extended Battery Cover, you just have to take a knife and make a cutout along the area of the battery door on the soft inner rubber casing and then everything fits

Attachments

• innocase.jpg
    innocase.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 540