Extended battery for Verizon Galaxy note 2

airazona

Reaction score
I've seen a few extended batteries for the Verizon Galaxy note 2. Some say nfc included.
I've Googled for the info but haven't been able to find it. What I want to know is if the nfc is on the battery? I'd like to get the extended battery but am not sure if I have to get one that has nfc on the battery or if the nfc is in the phone. Any help would be appreciated.
Them you

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Here's a good video on nfc for the Note2...the chip is on the inside of the cover..

[video=youtube;H2y0TOFTh5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=H2y0TOFTh5Y[/video]

pizza3

Reaction score
I've seen a few batteries advertised as high as 7400 mah but it was so big it required an enlarged back cover, which was included. It may also require a trailer which might raise insurance issues. I limited my search to batteries that could fit within the original case. The best I could find was a "Gold" 4200 mah which is actually a Japanese company. It is also available on Amazon for twice the price. Sometimes the battery ratings are overstated. It seems that some of our Chinese friends have a different way of counting. Some are out and out frauds. Just peel off the label to see a much smaller battery underneath. I took a risk and ordered one, expect it by Monday. I'll keep you informed how it goes if anyone is interested. The stock battery is I think somewhere around 3100 but with judicious management it could last for days. With 4200 mah who knows? One company here promised a 6400 battery available now, or at least very soon, also with a bigger back cover. If anyone gets one of those please keep us informed.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Here's a good video on nfc for the Note2...the chip is on the inside of the cover..

[video=youtube;H2y0TOFTh5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=H2y0TOFTh5Y[/video]

heh, watched this and thought i left my music player going, i had weezer red album goin...

i cant even imagine needing an extended battery at this point.

blowabs

Reaction score
heh, watched this and thought i left my music player going, i had weezer red album goin...

i cant even imagine needing an extended battery at this point.

I saw this video and ordered a pack from NewEgg for $10 for 5 of them. OEM.
I don't even have the phone yet. :)

pizza3

Reaction score
Went there. Got new battery.

Went to Newegg. They're out and don't know when they'll have them back. Is there another (cheap) source. It looks like they can do wonderful things. BTW, I got the 4200 mah battery I ordered. I can attest that it does fit within the case and it shipped with 60% power so it does work, so far. Now I see some of our mainland Chinese friends are selling 6500 mah batteries for less tha $8.60 ($8.59) with free shipping from way over there. Of course it comes with the big back door and of course it comes with no NFC, and there's always the question of aftermarket fit and quality. Personally, I'm going to see if I can get by with a mere 4200 mah battery before I add any more weight to the tablet, er I mean phone. If anyone is interested I'll keep the world posted on my results or you can just skip over my humble postings and remain ignorant. Your call.

big al

Reaction score
have a link to that 4200? im liking stock case fits

pizza3

Reaction score
Big, bigger, biggest.

You can get the "Gold" 4200 either at Amazon or where I got it at ebay. Just search for "Galaxy Note 2 battery". This is still the largest original case battery I've seen and I thought the biggest one was 6400 albeit with a bigger back cover. No, no, no. For the second time in my life I was wrong. Technically I was right at the time but circumstances changed. Now they are offering a 7600 mah battery for somewhere around $15 or less. I'm guessing that with much amps you could probably watch a whole Tarantino anthology, except probably not the new one yet. Of course as I have disclaimed before there is probably not an NFC thing on the door and quality and fit are unknown.
As to my new battery (4200) I received it in the mail yesterday, wore it down and charged it overnight, removing the charger at 7:29 this morning (Eastern)

jseah

Reaction score
I'm curious just whether those bigger batteries (in the original size) are actually larger capacity, or whether they are simply relabeled with a larger number. With my HTC (Thunderbolt and Rezound used the same batteries), the factory extended battery was at 2750 mAH and I had purchased a Hyperion from Amazon that was purported to be 3500 mAH. I didn't notice a difference at all in how long the battery lasted compared to the OEM extended battery.

pizza3

Reaction score
You may not be wrong, at least partially. I have bought batteries from the far East and removed the paper label to reveal a smaller amp battery. Unless you have some meter that can physically measure the capacity, and or if you are dealing with a known dealer or manufacturer then it is essentially a crapshoot. I protested to the dealer on ebay and, very suspiciously, got an immediate refund and kept the battery. My sage advise: try it but don't bet the farm, don't make it your only battery.

blowabs

Reaction score
yes...pls...those...Gold" 4200 batteries have a lot of bids on ebay upwards of twenty dollars...cant find em on Scamazon.