Extended battery for Verizon Galaxy note 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For the sake of saving money and the headache why not just buy a spare battery and charger from Samsung. You know it is proven and the chances of you ever needing will be rare. How often are we on our phones 24 hours+ and not able to charge the phone . For me rare ie natural disaster, power outage etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Caesars

Reaction score
I bought two battery /chargers for half off, at least that's 6or so days w/o power :)

Return of the Android

Caesars

Reaction score
Just www.samsung.com I registered my device and they sent me a coupon code for half off anything for my phone ;)

Return of the Android

blowabs

Reaction score
thx...i dont have the gn2 yet...i will wait to get these items.... got 5 NFC's, blk leather waist holster, and a white thin case ready

pizza3

Reaction score
Wow! The battery world has gone beserk! Look on Amazon for extended battery for the Galaxy Note 2 and you might get 2000 listings. The highest I saw was an unbelievable 7600 mah. And this for about $23 including the expanded back cover. There were tons of batteries in the 6200-6500 range. I am currently using the "Gold" 4200 mah battery that fits within the original case. I have since read several postings alleging that these were phony batteries no better than the original 3100oem and possibly even dangerous. The 7600 battery was unbranded so I was hesitant. Instead I went with the Onite 6500 which I checked and does in fact have the NFC thingie on the supplied expanded cover. Some of the others did not have the NFC. Getting back to my "Gold" I haven't smelt any smoke or seen any fires. It has now been about 30 hours since I last charged it and have used it moderately including as a remote control for a helicopter(another issue). BL, after 30 hours there is still 45% left. I may wait until tonight to see where its at. I don't know how long the stock battery lasts. Some day I'll have to try it.

blowabs

Reaction score
Wow! The battery world has gone beserk! Look on Amazon for extended battery for the Galaxy Note 2 and you might get 2000 listings. The highest I saw was an unbelievable 7600 mah. And this for about $23 including the expanded back cover. There were tons of batteries in the 6200-6500 range. I am currently using the "Gold" 4200 mah battery that fits within the original case. I have since read several postings alleging that these were phony batteries no better than the original 3100oem and possibly even dangerous. The 7600 battery was unbranded so I was hesitant. Instead I went with the Onite 6500 which I checked and does in fact have the NFC thingie on the supplied expanded cover. Some of the others did not have the NFC. Getting back to my "Gold" I haven't smelt any smoke or seen any fires. It has now been about 30 hours since I last charged it and have used it moderately including as a remote control for a helicopter(another issue). BL, after 30 hours there is still 45% left. I may wait until tonight to see where its at. I don't know how long the stock battery lasts. Some day I'll have to try it.

You have never really tested how long the stock batt went to?????????:happy3:

pizza3

Reaction score
Why so many question marks?

You can't believe I never definitively ran absolute tests on the different batteries? Hey! I have a life outside of testing cell phone batteries. Job. Family. Fiscal Cliff. Maybe I'll stay home New Year's eve and get your your results. Have a happy holiday!

blowabs

Reaction score
You can't believe I never definitively ran absolute tests on the different batteries? Hey! I have a life outside of testing cell phone batteries. Job. Family. Fiscal Cliff. Maybe I'll stay home New Year's eve and get your your results. Have a happy holiday!
Lol. I can believe it.
Just thought you ran the stock down and counted the hours on one charge. That's all. No biggie. Thx for the Gold 4200 idea.
Tc

pizza3

Reaction score
charge duration

OK so I just finished using the Gold 4200. It went 41 hours when it reached 15% when I shut it down and put in the stock, fully charged, at 11:17 pm est last night. I tend to use very little that drains or syncs such as "no wall paper" and very long sync settings. Much of time is spent on wifi and do no music or video, or rarely so. My suspicion, or hypothesis, is that there will be very little difference, if any between the "Gold" and the stock, but I do have an open mind. Still awaiting the delivery of the 6500 Onite which will arrive while I will be away. Sorry for the delay to all my fans. In the meantime have also been looking for battery charger for the bigger batteries. Not sure the ones I've seen will accommodate the higher contacts such as the nice stand/charger described above. Took a 2 1/3 buck chance on what is billed as a "Universal" charger in that it has movable arms to adjust for different contact points. Has gotten mixed reviews at Amazon but I thought I'd risk the $2.33 including shipping. As you can see I am a risk-taker.

mugenpowerbatteries

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've seen a few extended batteries for the Verizon Galaxy note 2. Some say nfc included.
I've Googled for the info but haven't been able to find it. What I want to know is if the nfc is on the battery? I'd like to get the extended battery but am not sure if I have to get one that has nfc on the battery or if the nfc is in the phone. Any help would be appreciated.
Them you
Somehow you missed our 6400mAh extended battery for Verizon Note 2: [HLI-N7100XL] Buy Mugen Power 6400mAh Extended Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Battery Door
It features NFC and comes with a free leather case and grey/white backdoor.

pizza3

Reaction score
I didn't "miss" your product. What I did "miss" was your omission of the price. At Amazon now it sells for $99.99 with free shipping. I was limiting myself to buying a battery and food or buying your product and not the other thing. I am sure your product is wonderful. It may even be the best battery out there but it is way out of line on price. I would be proud to own your product, just not have to pay for it. I would be honored if you were to select me as a tester/reviewer of your fine product. I would prefer the grey case if its no trouble.

blowabs

Reaction score
OK so I just finished using the Gold 4200. It went 41 hours when it reached 15% when I shut it down and put in the stock, fully charged, at 11:17 pm est last night. I tend to use very little that drains or syncs such as "no wall paper" and very long sync settings. Much of time is spent on wifi and do no music or video, or rarely so. My suspicion, or hypothesis, is that there will be very little difference, if any between the "Gold" and the stock, but I do have an open mind. Still awaiting the delivery of the 6500 Onite which will arrive while I will be away. Sorry for the delay to all my fans. In the meantime have also been looking for battery charger for the bigger batteries. Not sure the ones I've seen will accommodate the higher contacts such as the nice stand/charger described above. Took a 2 1/3 buck chance on what is billed as a "Universal" charger in that it has movable arms to adjust for different contact points. Has gotten mixed reviews at Amazon but I thought I'd risk the $2.33 including shipping. As you can see I am a risk-taker.

Thanks!
:biggrin: