Extended battery for Verizon Galaxy note 2

clawthat

Reaction score
I just purchased a 7960 mah battery with larger rear cover. Cover is shaped like the original and has antenna built in. 3g/4g works perfect and in the process of testing the battery life (just got the battery today). So far, it seems to be lasting MUCH longer than original...and original was pretty nice.

Here's the EBay link:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=321056454514&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=31680838298

PS...don't know that it matters, but they sell them "carrier specific" as well. I got the one for a Verizon GN2...this link is for Sprint

Last edited:

Ratdog

Reaction score
Wow, I checked that price and to get the additional advertised 1700mAh you have to pay close to $40 more than the 6200mAh batteries already on the market. Seems like a bit of a penalty, but do let us know how this one works for you.

clawthat

Reaction score
Good morning all. I'm not sure if anyone has put the 6200 through its paces, to compare this to, but here is what I experienced with the 7960:

Start time :*6:10am
Battery charge: 95%
End time*10:10
Remaining battery: 58%
(OFF CHARGER)
Programs used:
(Display ON entire time)
Google maps for Navigation
Mobile hotspot-2 devices connected.
Watched Netflix*3:50*hrs
Family 360 locator program
Sent text messages:8
Sent Emails: 2
Phone calls 3 (talk time 23 mins)
Checked multiple notification alerts
Accessed internet twice: 5 mins
Google calendar to make job notes
Wrote this outline
Battery used: 37%

Plugged into charger 10:18am
57%
Charged on mobile charger for 1:03
83%

Summary:
With the stock battery, I would never have attempted what I did today. I've had phones in the past plugged into the charger the entire time...using the phone as outlined above...and the battery would STILL discharge. You figure having a quad-core processor providing wifi for streaming video while using the navigation / GPS function with the screen on non-stop, and to take a charge as fast as it does, I have to give this battery 2 thumbs way up! As I don't work it nowhere near as hard on the weekends, I will take it off the charger tomorrow morning when I get up and wont have to put it back on the charger till Monday morning. And I have it set up with NO battery saver functions enabled. Screen is at Max Bright, wifi and GPS run 24/7, and I'm doing SOMETHING on it all the time.

So far, I'm very pleased. :)

Ratdog

Reaction score
Just an fyi to everyone, here's a blog where the writer tested some batteries. I found the blog when I was trying to find some "comment" and "complaints" on the "Galaxy Note 2 Generic Batteries" when I was looking for some generic batteries for my GN2 & a couple of GSIII's being used by co-workers.

I have nothing to do with the site, and for all I know, the writer may even be someone on this forum. Hopefully this is of some help to everyone.

6 batteries for the Galaxy Note 2 on the way! - Battery analysis and reviews

blowabs

Reaction score
Just an fyi to everyone, here's a blog where the writer tested some batteries. I found the blog when I was trying to find some "comment" and "complaints" on the "Galaxy Note 2 Generic Batteries" when I was looking for some generic batteries for my GN2 & a couple of GSIII's being used by co-workers.

I have nothing to do with the site, and for all I know, the writer may even be someone on this forum. Hopefully this is of some help to everyone.

6 batteries for the Galaxy Note 2 on the way! - Battery analysis and reviews

I just bought the Anker 3100mAh Li-ion Battery ...on amazon...just in case the 'gold' ones [saw some questionable reviews lately], i bought a couple of months ago dont act too wel in the GN2[ i am getting,,,,finally..next week.] It got great reviews. Thx again!:happy3:

pizza3

Reaction score
Check my entry under note 2 Accessories. The holy grail for me is the longest lasting battery that fits within the original casing. At present it seems to be around 4000 mah as claimed by vendor. Mine is the Onite 6500 that is double thick but runs like the bunny.