Extended Battery doesn't work

Getshane3

Reaction score
Hello,
Well here is the situation.
I had the original droid 1 battery in my droid 2 and it drained really fast. Probably 10% every 10 minutes or so and that was not with heavy use. That was just texting and doing browsing every once in a while.
I called Verizon about this and they offered a extended battery free of charge. I was pretty excited to get it since I've heard nothing but good things about how long it lasts.

As soon as I get the battery, the only new thing I install is "Lookout" since I supposedly will get much better battery life. Well, now my phone is draining just as fast with the extended battery as it was with the standard droid 1 battery.

Any idea?

louy99

Reaction score
Check your battery stats when your phone is almost dead and see what is draining it...it could be an app. You can always root if you are not yet and load a different rom!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
G

Getshane3

Reaction score
Well,
At the moment I am using GoLauncherEx and I have a feeling that might be doing it. But I don't see how because so many people use it and never really complain about battery issues.

OP
G

Getshane3

Reaction score
Bump...
The battery is draining even faster now than what it was last time.

lieblax

Reaction score
you could try calibrating it. it could be that the phone isnt correctly reading how much is left and you actually have more than you think. just an idea

OP
G

Getshane3

Reaction score
you could try calibrating it. it could be that the phone isnt correctly reading how much is left and you actually have more than you think. just an idea
How would I go about doing that?

louy99

Reaction score
There's an app for that or if you are rooted, you can do it in recovery mode. If you are not rooted, I highly suggest it! You can save lots of battery that way.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Reaction score
You know your phone will show you WHAT is using your battery if you go into settings -> battery manager -> click on the picture of a battery. You should do that and tell us what your top 3 users are, and their percentages, that would help us help you.

OP
G

Getshane3

Reaction score
The top 3 are:
Display 32%
Android System 16%
Cell Standby 6%

jfriend33

Reaction score
I had a similar problem. The only thing that fixed mine was to do a factory reset. I just backed up my texts using sms backup. All the apps came back on their own.

My battery was draining in less than an hour even with all data off and display reduced to the minimum.

Just enjoy your new battery and wipe data/factory reset.

OP
G

Getshane3

Reaction score
I had a similar problem. The only thing that fixed mine was to do a factory reset. I just backed up my texts using sms backup. All the apps came back on their own.

My battery was draining in less than an hour even with all data off and display reduced to the minimum.

Just enjoy your new battery and wipe data/factory reset.

Thanks! I just did a factory reset. I will post back with results. Did you notice a big difference in battery life after doing the factory reset?

jfriend33

Reaction score
Not anything unexpected. It just went back to normal.

OP
G

Getshane3

Reaction score
Not anything unexpected. It just went back to normal.

Oh ok. I'm not sure how good the battery life is normally on a extended battery. Lol

jfriend33

Reaction score
Well the extended battery is 1820mah, the original is 1300mah. Its about 40 percent larger if my math is correct. So whatever your regular time was, say 12 hours, you should get 16.8 with the extended.