extended batt or not

Snoking

Reaction score
bens426O8 said:
Holy bleep. No offense but that's why I'm not using my final upgrade for the rezound. I was interested in the screen and the camera but its not worth the form factor and you NEED the EB. I'm going with maxx

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Be sure to report back on how you like holding the Maxx.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Holy bleep. No offense but that's why I'm not using my final upgrade for the rezound. I was interested in the screen and the camera but its not worth the form factor and you NEED the EB. I'm going with maxx

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I actually like holding the Rezound better with the extended battery. There is actually something there to hold. My son's aide just got the HTC One X and it's pretty thin. I don't know if it's as thin as the Maxx but as much as I love that phone my RZ feels so much more solid and easier to hold.

OP
Alchemist945

Alchemist945

Reaction score
And I mesured my rezound with otter box its same in bulk as extened

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

PhDCow

Reaction score
Wow - I'm surprised by the need for the extended battery. I'm using the standard battery right now. Yesterday, I was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours, Slacker for another 2, about an hour on the internet, used the camera and gallery for 15 pictures, and checked email, FB, other social media periodically. After 15 hours of use, I plugged it in and went to sleep with 10% still left.

Now, my brightness is set at 5%, Gmail is pushed every 30 minutes, work email every 2 hours. I check FB and Twitter manually and I make sure to actually exit out of Opera browser. I used 3G exclusively (WiFi is only on when I know there's a wireless network).

The battery on this phone is much better than the one in the Razr (not the Maxx).

diablo81588

Reaction score
Now, my brightness is set at 5%, Gmail is pushed every 30 minutes, work email every 2 hours.

You can't have brightness set to 5% and expect to see the screen outside in the sun. I can almost guarantee you that's the reason you get decent battery life with the rezound. The stock battery is far from sufficient for most people.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I too don't see any need for an extended battery. If i needed more juice, I would get a second battery rather than the Extended Battery. I think this phone is thick enough already, and i think the EB would be too bulky for my front pocket. I am not usually too far from a USB port if i ever need to juice up in the middle of the day, but i make it through most days without a problem, and I use the fool out of my phone.
On Days when I plan to be away from any means of charging, I will turn down the brightness, and turn off LTE unless i need it.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I thought the same thing at first, but honestly, I am so over thin phones. Thin is not better. It is awkward to hold and doesn't stay in one place when you put it down. My sister's Galaxy S was annoying as hell...it would move around if you blew on it. Rezound + extended battery fits really nice in my hand.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Wow - I'm surprised by the need for the extended battery. I'm using the standard battery right now. Yesterday, I was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours, Slacker for another 2, about an hour on the internet, used the camera and gallery for 15 pictures, and checked email, FB, other social media periodically. After 15 hours of use, I plugged it in and went to sleep with 10% still left.

Now, my brightness is set at 5%, Gmail is pushed every 30 minutes, work email every 2 hours. I check FB and Twitter manually and I make sure to actually exit out of Opera browser. I used 3G exclusively (WiFi is only on when I know there's a wireless network).

The battery on this phone is much better than the one in the Razr (not the Maxx).
LOL, no wonder. Yeah with the screen at 5% you should get good battery life on almost anything.

Personally I cannot stand compromising on that stuff. I get the same life without turning anything down, and with 4G on all the time. It is awesome.

PhDCow

Reaction score
You can't have brightness set to 5% and expect to see the screen outside in the sun. I can almost guarantee you that's the reason you get decent battery life with the rezound. The stock battery is far from sufficient for most people.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Other than walking between buildings and my car, I'm not outside much. I don't get sunburned. I get hives. I wear a jacket, even in 90 degree weather.

If I really need to up the brightness temporarily, I use the Curvefish brightness widget.

tc1

Reaction score
I actually like holding the Rezound better with the extended battery. There is actually something there to hold. My son's aide just got the HTC One X and it's pretty thin. I don't know if it's as thin as the Maxx but as much as I love that phone my RZ feels so much more solid and easier to hold.

Ditto..... Makes it easier to hold, first the natural curve of your fingers.

Visually the ultra thin phones look appealing but for me they are difficult to hold, text, surf, etc. And I have large hands.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ditto..... Makes it easier to hold, first the natural curve of your fingers.

Visually the ultra thin phones look appealing but for me they are difficult to hold, text, surf, etc. And I have large hands.

If they make an extended battery for my phone I've always gone that route for the ease of holding it. The extended for my Omnia cost more than my phone so I use an Otterbox Defender to make it fit my hand better. The ratio of the phone size and shape of the extended back make the Rezound the best hand fitting one to date. I write with my left thumb while holding the phone in my left hand with no problems

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I took my phone off the charger at 100% one hour back. I've been listening to Sirius Satellite radio (streaming player) and I've been texting about half the time. Battery is currently at 55%. I need an extended battery and saw one on Amazon at 3200mah for $34 that I will probably get. At least that is double capacity!

tobiasg

Reaction score
I bought the Laza Zcell for 20 bucks - gave me two extra batteries, a charger that also has a USB port and a little case that one of my portable harddrives fits in. Had it for about a month now and the batteries seem as strong as the original. Nice to have that backup around, I usually just throw one, sometimes both in my backpack. Only downside I can see is that the charger takes something like 6-8 hours to charge the batteries, not sure why it takes so long - over all a decent deal

[h=1]Laza Zcell 1620mah HTC Rezound 2x Battery + Charger + Travel Case Combo -[/h]http://goo.gl/bdg7f

Looks like the Extended battery with back is down to $34- not bad, I wonder if the big batteries will fit in my charger?

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I took my phone off the charger at 100% one hour back. I've been listening to Sirius Satellite radio (streaming player) and I've been texting about half the time. Battery is currently at 55%. I need an extended battery and saw one on Amazon at 3200mah for $34 that I will probably get. At least that is double capacity!

After 1 hour and 45 minutes I was down to 18%. This was after not using the screen for the last 30 minutes plus. I've looked at the current running apps and don't see anything abnormal.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
It is more than double in real world use. Something about how higher cap batteries keep a charge better. I never went 12 hours ever with my stock battery but I have gone 24 with this one at least once.