Expanding notifications?

NYMase

Reaction score
How do you expand notifications to see the whole notification? I thought you just had to swipe down on the notification to open it up completely but that doesn't seem to be working for me...I can still swipe to the left or right to remove a notification from the list but I can't expand the notification to see what the whole thing says...What am I missing here?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
To expand you need to swipe the notification bar down and then at each notification you swipe down with two fingers.

OP
N

NYMase

Reaction score
To expand you need to swipe the notification bar down and then at each notification you swipe down with two fingers.

For some reason, that doesn't work for me...I tried it on my Nexus as well as my wife's Nexus and couldn't get any notification to expand...I swipe down the notification bar but I tried swiping down with both one finger and two fingers on different notifications and they didn't expand...They did get the blue lines above and below the particular notification that I was trying to expand but they never actually expanded

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You must be stock huh? This feature is only available on Jelly Bean which unfortunately Verizon didn't release and probably won't release

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

OP
N

NYMase

Reaction score
I am on stock but it was updated to Jelly Bean in July...Running 4.1.1 on build JR0030

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I am on stock but it was updated to Jelly Bean in July...Running 4.1.1 on build JR0030
sorry I forgot they did officially get JB, what was I thinking:D

Hmmm that is weird. Try sending yourself a text message and see if that'll expand. Some notifications don't expand I believe

OP
N

NYMase

Reaction score
I sent a text to myself and was able to expand that...I was trying to expand a game app notification but it must be one of the types of notifications that doesn't expand

Thanks a lot for your help with this, dezymond...I appreciate it!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No problem, glad you got it resolved. I apologize for my incorrect information as well.