Existing VZW customers NOT eligible for NE2 and have the Droid?

jefferson81

Reaction score
A question for those existing VZW customers not eligible for new every 2 and purchased the droid:

did you pony up the full retail price or were you able to get a deal?

Sean

Reaction score
A question for those existing VZW customers not eligible for new every 2 and purchased the droid:

i called verizon, and they said you can also opt for the annual upgrade, you should check to see what your annual upgrade date is. If you do an annual upgrade, you can then get the phone at the discounted price, and not full retail.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

After 10 months on a contract your allowed an annual upgrade. Which in effect lets you sign on for another extended year and gives you the phone for the price that a new customer would get it work.

eap369

Reaction score
i went to my local verizon store and they actually had a promotion still going on this month where they gave me the phone at a new upgrade price. i heard them saying its called and m2 but not 100% sure. the only thing is that i had to buy the bundle package just as a way for them to get some kind of profit. i didnt mind i still got the package and can try an sell them later on. got the phone for 199 and i had just got my storm in march.

OP
J

jefferson81

Reaction score
lol its frustrating....if only I had known in September when I joined verizon and got a blackberry they had this The Droid coming !!

RoBo92

Reaction score
lol its frustrating....if only I had known in September when I joined verizon and got a blackberry they had this The Droid coming !!

LOL same here!! The 'add a new line' idea is REAL tempting. I'm trying to exercise some self-discipline (for once in my life) and wait till mid December to see what happens between now and then. Anyone else thinking along those lines?

ckidwell

Reaction score
I paid $155 to cancel my current line and open a new one. I figured after 12 months of service, when I can upgrade again, it would have been $120 for the additional line, plus they told me some jazz about having to upgrade to a family plan. So if it would have only been $10/month I'm only paying $35 more, just doing it up front.

Sean

Reaction score

After 10 months on a contract your allowed an annual upgrade. Which in effect lets you sign on for another extended year and gives you the phone for the price that a new customer would get it work.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Probably the best option IMO unless its gonna be a while for you to reach 10 months.

96accord

Reaction score
I just bought my Curve back in May 2009 and want the droid :(

I don't know what to do. I've only had the Curve for 6 months. Damn....

My girlfriend wants to get on my account but she doesn't need the Droid... How would I work this out?

Bucknell2013

Reaction score
I had a blackberry curve sent to me as a replacement last week...Before that, my other blackberry curve had broken twice (trackball issues). As a veteran blackberry user, I was fed up with dealing with the quality issues and I was getting a little bored with the BB OS...
Tour or Droid?
...Well I'm here :)

I have the droid coming for me tomorrow, payed about 240 for it after a rebate that was NOT NE2. When you have to replace your phone in excess of 2/3 times, they will sometimes let you upgrade with a discount.

Needless to say, I am very excited!!!!