[Exclusive] RadioShack Verizon $100 Bucks Off Androids Confirmed; Includes Bionic!

Reaction score
AHHHHH so glad a good friend of mine works for Radio Shack!! He knew about this promotion before it even got posted up on here.

Here's another tip for you people trying to get a cheaper Bionic. Apparently Radio Shack buys back your old phones too and gives you store credit, even more if you still have the box to the phone. OG Droids get you something like $30 back and it'll knock the Bionic to $150-170 range which is awesome for this phone having come out last week!!!

jseah

Reaction score
$799 full retail? OUCH!

Does anyone know where the best place to buy at retail pricing? I'm considering canceling the third line I opened for the Bionic and just paying outright for it. But not for $799. Or even $699.

The full retail price of the phone through Verizon is cheaper. According to the Verizon website, it is only $590 there.

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I'm not yet eligible for an upgrade. What's the full retail price for the Bionic? $100 off of a say, $550 full retail price would make a heck of a difference for me.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

shamus

Reaction score
The $100 off is for Radio Shack. Where full retail is $799.
Verizon retail - $590.

I haven't found it any cheaper yet.

lintmail

Reaction score
AHHHHH so glad a good friend of mine works for Radio Shack!! He knew about this promotion before it even got posted up on here.

Here's another tip for you people trying to get a cheaper Bionic. Apparently Radio Shack buys back your old phones too and gives you store credit, even more if you still have the box to the phone. OG Droids get you something like $30 back and it'll knock the Bionic to $150-170 range which is awesome for this phone having come out last week!!!

IMO, for $30 it's better to hold on to the OG Droid as a back up. Also, they go for around $80-$100 on ebay. Trade-in is a bad deal unless you can't be bothered.

GoldSiege

Reaction score
So did this deal start today? I need my Bionic and I'm tired of waiting!

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Never bought from anywhere but verizon. I'm guessing if you buy from somewhere else that verizon doesn't deal with the phone and insurance if something goes wrong? Going to get one today, cheaper is better but like knowing it will be fixed if something goes wrong or stolen etc. should I stick with verizon store?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

mikehal38

Reaction score
Never bought from anywhere but verizon. I'm guessing if you buy from somewhere else that verizon doesn't deal with the phone and insurance if something goes wrong? Going to get one today, cheaper is better but like knowing it will be fixed if something goes wrong or stolen etc. should I stick with verizon store?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

As far as I know verizon only deals with phones purchased directly from them. I'm assuming radio shack has their own replacement plan and warranty.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
When I got a used Droid X on ebay back in January, my insurance from vzw automatically transfered to the new phone. I called and verified it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
$799 full retail? OUCH!

Does anyone know where the best place to buy at retail pricing? I'm considering canceling the third line I opened for the Bionic and just paying outright for it. But not for $799. Or even $699.

I paid full price at Best Buy because you can get 18 mo's no interest. Plus you get 30 days to return the phone.

loonie01

Reaction score
Just left best buy with cash. I bought the bionic the other day for $250. Told the radio shack has it for$200 and they priced matched it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I paid full price at Best Buy because you can get 18 mo's no interest. Plus you get 30 days to return the phone.

That is kind of what I was thinking, but at the same time, I was going to use that to buy my a tablet. It is one of my on-going internal struggles, and it could have easily been solved by the Samsung Note coming to the states... Big Phone/Little Tablet/Off Contract/On Best Buy credit card. It would have been the perfect deal for me

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^I was soooo p'd when I read that the Note wasnt coming to the US. It is my dream phone!

jodyberry

Reaction score
Very funny but very true too!!!

We could make a game show out of this:
Which knows the least about their current and upcoming products???

Contestant Number 1: Verizon Wireless Corporate Store Salesmen
Contestant Number 2: Best Buy Mobility Center Salesmen
AAAnnndddd a newcomer to the game.....
Contestant Number 3: "The Shack" Salesmen

lisalisa13

Reaction score
got the radio shack deal! I was their first customer getting it so it took awhile for them to figure it out. The girl kept apologizing, I said hey, you're saving me 100 bucks, take all the time you need lol! Now what accessories to get with the money I saved...