Multiple RadioShack Deals on Verizon Phones Could Net the Droid Bionic for Only $100

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-radio-shack.jpg

Previously, we shared the great deal for the Droid Bionic, (and all Verizon smartphones) available over at RadioShack. Now, it seems there is a way to make the deal even sweeter. Apparently, RadioShack will let you merge the $100 dollar gift card for any Verizon phone offer, with their previous phone trade-in offer, which could net you up to an additional $100 bucks off! That effectively makes it possible to get the Bionic for only $100 bucks total. Here's a quote from the PhoneArena article with a more detailed explanation,
Essentially, for any upgrade customers who happen to own basic or feature phones from Verizon or Alltel, they can receive a $100 Verizon Wireless Gift Card via mail – albeit, they’re required to upgrade to any of the carrier’s smartphones with a 2-year agreement. And of course, their trade-in offer can potentially get them yet another $100 in instant savings at the time of purchase.

So if you’re eying devices like the HTC ThunderBolt, Motorola DROID BIONIC, or Motorola DROID X2, then you might want to head into your local RadioShack store to get yourself in with a new device – and at the same time, some much needed savings as well.
Keep in mind that their trade-in offer has some limitations, but your best bet, if you are interested, is to call or wander in to your local RadioShack and find out what you can qualify for.

Source: BionicForums.net via PhoneArena and RadioShack

FlipCpt45

Reaction score
Scared me there for a second.. I just bought my Bionic Saturday from RS.. Thought I lost out on some kind of extra 100 dollars off. :p

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well, I jumped on the D3 this weekend. I'm cool with it. Love that physical keyboard. Give me a Droid with 4G and the keyboard and you have the perfect phone. I guess that's sometime in 2 years. ;)

-Matt

WenValley

Reaction score
I currently have a Blackberry Storm 2 that I'd like to hang onto. I have a Blackberry Curve that I retired two years ago. I wonder if I could trade in the Curve for the $100.00. I could probably go onto the Verizon website and reactive the Curve to get the deal done. Input?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I currently have a Blackberry Storm 2 that I'd like to hang onto. I have a Blackberry Curve that I retired two years ago. I wonder if I could trade in the Curve for the $100.00. I could probably go onto the Verizon website and reactive the Curve to get the deal done. Input?
I'm sure you've already factored this in, but afaik it's not the "phone", it's the line: in other words, the fact that you're trading in a feature phone is a formality -- the reason for the discount is to get you to bite into a new data plan. I haven't checked out the tiered prices recently, but I assume your new phone wouldn't be grandfathered. You'd pay Verizon's new big fat prices for the luxury of having data on your new smartphone. So keep that in mind: fancy new phone, $100 discount eaten in 2-3 months.

-Matt

WenValley

Reaction score
Thanks Matt. I didn't read where it had to be a feature phone, but I will go back and read the news release again.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks Matt. I didn't read where it had to be a feature phone, but I will go back and read the news release again.
You know as I was working on my response I realized it could be riddled with assumptions. I thought the Curve was a smartphone, but I figured you knew about the feature-phone discount, and so I guessed I just didn't know my Blackberries! :) You should probably disregard what I said and get the story straight from Verizon and Radio Shack!!! FWIW I had a very positive experience ordering my D3 from Radio Shack -- I lucked out and got an ex-Verizon employee. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to explain the process to them step by step!

-Matt

-Matt

m3incorp

Reaction score
It's laughable what they offer to pay for your trade in. Blackberry Curve $10. You can go to Radioshacks web site and there is a place that let's you put in what type phone you have and give you it's trade in value.