[Exclusive] Moto Leak: Android 4.2.2=Key Lime Pie + Upgrade Timeline & RAZR X

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
KeyLimePie.jpeg

We have a very exciting exclusive rumor for you guys today! We have some unconfirmed intel from within Motorola. A leaked datasheet seems to confirm that Android 4.2.2 will indeed be "Key Lime Pie." Additionally, this info also includes a timeline of Android 4.2.2/KLP upgrade dates for several Motorola devices. Finally, this same list seems to showcase a brand new Motorola RAZR device that we have not heard anything about called the Droid RAZR X.

Of course, all of this is completely unconfirmed, and could be fabricated, so take it with a dose of skepticism. Don't forget to include a healthy dose of enthusiasm too, though. If this turns out to be true, then next year is certainly going to be very interesting!

Here's the upgrade path listing below:

Motorola Mobility Android Engineering

Below are the authorizations an unauthorized/pending of Motorola phones to receive android 4.2.2 (code name) Key Lime Pie

• Droid RAZR X: Authorized Reason: Being shipped with 4.2.2
  • Motorola Nexus: Authorized Reason: Being shipped with 4.2.2
  • Droid RAZR i: Authorized Reason: Pushing 4.2.2 out between Q3 and Q4 2013
  • Droid RAZR HD/MAXX: Authorized Reason: Pushing out 4.2.2 between Q3 and Q4 2013
  • Droid RAZR M: Authorized Reason: pushing out 4.2.2 between early Q3 and Q4 2013
  • Droid RAZR MAXX: Authorized/Subject to change Reason: Support time frame may not support 4.2.2 estimated push date late Q2 2013
  • Droid 4: Authorized/Subject to change Reason: Support time frame may not support 4.2.2 estimated push date early Q3 2013
  • Droid RAZR: Pending Authorization Reason: Support time frame may not support 4.2.2 estimated push date mid Q2 2013
  • Droid Bionic Pending Authorization Reason: Support time frame may not support 4.2.2 estimated push date mid Q2 2013
The above documents have be reviewed and authorized/Pending authorization and are subject to change by VP product Management.

What do you guys think? Plausible or fabricated? We will obviously reach out to our sources on this one, and share any details we find. In the mean-time, let the speculation commence!

Also, shout out a hearty cheers and thanks to to our amazing anonymous insider tipster!

Last edited:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
[Exclusive] Moto Leak: Android 4.2.2=Key Lime Pie + Device Upgrade Timeline & More

Nice. Wonder what the Moto Nexus will look and be like. My opinion: Definitely plausible, possibly fabricated, but with how it says support timeframe might not allow for the KLP upgrade, it definitely sounds like some legit VZW-centric phones and plans.

Last edited:

SteveIrv

Reaction score
That's something, seeing the Razr M on the list for another OS upgrade late next year, we haven't gotten the update to JB yet (promised before the end of this year).

Sure hope they follow though with it.

jtblkice

Reaction score
There is already a Razr I. Its the version of the m with the intel chip

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is already a Razr I. Its the version of the m with the intel chip

You are right... I knew it sounded familiar. I even did a story on it in the past. lol

Thanks for the reminder. :)

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am thinking the droid razr x is the international version with intel chip. LOL but I can understand moto fans thinking "Motorola dun' did it to us again".

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's also possible that the Droid RAZR X will be the next RAZR device that we have heard rumors about for next year. Previous intel suggested we would only see 2 phones from Moto next year. Could the RAZR X be one of them?

npro1464

Reaction score
Hope the Moto Nexus stuff is not hot air. It would be a huge deal if true. Also revives hope in me that the Nexus phone line might actually be opening up.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Indeed! It certainly seems like it is inevitable that at some point in the near future (maybe even next year) we will see a Motorola Nexus device. How does this sound, Motorola Droid Nexus RAZR?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
dgstorm said:
Indeed! It certainly seems like it is inevitable that at some point in the near future (maybe even next year) we will see a Motorola Nexus device. How does this sound, Motorola Droid Nexus RAZR?

Lol to much on the name trying to pronounce it is a lot xD

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .246 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums