Exchanged Droid - Few Quirks

Rangerks

Reaction score
Exchanged my Droid today because the screen was becoming loose and was tapping loudly while typing on the left side. Exchange went smooth, but found some rather interesting thing.

1) GPS icon does not show up on Notification Bar inless in use by app/maps (even when on) - I Heard this was added to the new OTA update, but I didn't update the phone and don't have the new "lock screen"

2) 4 icon on bottom of phone don't light up, or do when only they please

3) Alarm doesn't shut up to anything except turning off the phone

Should I go and ask for another exchange?

boatman2220

Reaction score
Exchanged my Droid today because the screen was becoming loose and was tapping loudly while typing on the left side. Exchange went smooth, but found some rather interesting thing.

1) GPS icon does not show up on Notification Bar inless in use by app/maps (even when on) - I Heard this was added to the new OTA update, but I didn't update the phone and don't have the new "lock screen"

2) 4 icon on bottom of phone don't light up, or do when only they please

3) Alarm doesn't shut up to anything except turning off the phone

Should I go and ask for another exchange?
I read where one person was on like their 3rd or 4th exchange. Maybe go to another store, one with lots of volume, where they have gotten new stock in. I'm on my 2nd, when I took mine back I got one from a new batch.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Alarm only shuts off by turning the whole phone off? Dear God. I have enough trouble turning it off when all I have to do is hit "dismiss." I think my wife would throw me out if I let it ring any longer.

zegolf

Reaction score
Alarm only shuts off by turning the whole phone off? Dear God. I have enough trouble turning it off when all I have to do is hit "dismiss." I think my wife would throw me out if I let it ring any longer.

I've noticed these ringers are obnoxiously loud when set to default. I mean, that's great, because I'm a heavy sleeper, but a man can only take a rooster crow at a certain volume at 0500.