Considering new Droid, questions

erzipper

Reaction score
So I love the Droid and there is no other phone at Verizon (or any other carrier for that matter) that I would rather have. Unfortunately, my keyboard is a little loose in that when the phone is closed, it slides open way to easily. A lot of times I will take it out of my pocket and it will be partly open. Also, the battery door is way too loose and comes off accidentally all the time. I am aware I can get a free battery door but I really want to go to Verizon and try to exchange my Droid for a new one. I have had my phone for more than 30 days, is it likely that I can get a new one? Has anyone else exchanged their Droid after the initial 30 day period? One other thing...if I do exchange it, is there any way to save my settings and/or apps (i.e. back up my phone) before hand? Thanks!

Phoxus

Reaction score
Take it to the store and have them look at it. I got a huge care package for my droid. If it's within warranty get a new droid.

If it's not it's only $42 for a new droid if i "lost/damage" mine

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
So I love the Droid and there is no other phone at Verizon (or any other carrier for that matter) that I would rather have. Unfortunately, my keyboard is a little loose in that when the phone is closed, it slides open way to easily. A lot of times I will take it out of my pocket and it will be partly open. Also, the battery door is way too loose and comes off accidentally all the time. I am aware I can get a free battery door but I really want to go to Verizon and try to exchange my Droid for a new one. I have had my phone for more than 30 days, is it likely that I can get a new one? Has anyone else exchanged their Droid after the initial 30 day period? One other thing...if I do exchange it, is there any way to save my settings and/or apps (i.e. back up my phone) before hand? Thanks!

There was another post on here just yesterday where someone was in the same boat as you. He took the phone to Verizon and they told him that the only thing they could do is replace it with a refurbished unit. I'm not sure they'll even go that far in your case since yours isn't technically "broken".

That's all the help I can provide. Sorry.

liguy257

Reaction score
I carry my phone in my pocket and I have noticed the same thing. The top half will be just slightly off the bottom, enough to click it bakc into place...but it's not like fully open or anything. I've also pulled the phone out sans-battery a bunch of times. Not sure if this helps, but I think it might just be the phone itself, as opposed to a malfunctioning unit.

52brandon

Reaction score
Have you looked into those stickers that go on the back of your screen? I get the impression they make it a tighter fit and may help you with that. Unfortunately it seems natural that it would loosten over time regardless. Its hard to keep something so small with such tight tolerances

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I am not sure it's really broken. Ist why not get a new door (this fixed my issue) and see if that fixes it.

Second get a case like the one we are giving away :icon_ devil:. It actually makes the slide tighter. I have tested that it it works good. Just a thought

zakany

Reaction score
It's easy to fix a slider that opens too easily. Open your Droid. Place a very small drop of regular soda or fruit juice on either end of the keyboard. Close and let dry.

It won't open and close as easily, now.

You're welcome. :icon_ devil:

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Take it to the store and have them look at it. I got a huge care package for my droid. If it's within warranty get a new droid.

If it's not it's only $42 for a new droid if i "lost/damage" mine

How is it $42 to replace? Do you have a special insurance?