Exchange client - Touchdown

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the trail version and the full (paid) version in terms of bugs? I tried the trial version and it simply does not work :-(

Tofucious

Reaction score
No. When you pay for it, you get a registration app which updates the touchdown client with a valid license, not a new app.

Underwhere

Reaction score
I can't seem to change the signature. It's blocked (trial version). I hope it's not blocked in the full version.

It also doesn't seem to want to pull email ever minute like I asked it to.

mike_kauble

Reaction score
Most definitely you can change the sig with the full version.

I have so much legal crap in mine it isn't funny.

As for the pull, what type of service are you using? I use Exchange 2k7 SP2, and the Activesync push. I usually get mail on my phone before it hits my inbox!

Hope it works out for you. It's a great product.

-Mike

BzB

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the trail version and the full (paid) version in terms of bugs? I tried the trial version and it simply does not work :-(

can you be more specific on the bugs? i've used both the trial version and paid version with no issue.

BzB

Reaction score
I can't seem to change the signature. It's blocked (trial version). I hope it's not blocked in the full version.

It also doesn't seem to want to pull email ever minute like I asked it to.

sig works in the full version.

if you're set up with activesync then no need to set a polling interval (check for new message time frame). it will automatically push new email to you.

Underwhere

Reaction score
thanks guys. I am using activesync and it didn't seem to be working well so i started the 1 minute polling which also did not work well.

I'll remove the polling and see how well it can "push" to me.

dean.collins

Reaction score
i use Touchdown - Best $9.99 i've spent on Andorid.

However; needs the following - message threading
- better cut and paste from within emails and calendar.
- move to junk folder (add sender to spam list)
- better move to 'x' folder (needs to have the drop down boxes you get with outlook instead of showing all 200 of so folders i have in alphabetical order).

There are some others....but thats a good start.

What do you think? what else is missing? (and yes i still think it's the best exchange client out there though).

Cheers,
Dean