Exchange 2010 ActiveSync Issues

TheMadScotsman

Reaction score
Nope - that didn't work...

Removing my Domain Admin membership did not make any difference....

TheMadScotsman

Reaction score
OK - found the problem dancedroid. I backed up my entire Calendar to a PST, then deleted everything and re-sync'd and it worked. I then added test appointments both from the phone and from Outlook and they instantly sync up.

I had a simliar problem once with a client's Blackberry and it was tripping up on recurring appointments that it didn't like - they went too far out into the future (no point in having them recur until you practically retire!).

So I will try the acid test of simply re-importing my PST to see if it breaks again. If it does, I'll have to selectively delete recurring my appointments to see if I can find the culprit.

TheMadScotsman

Reaction score
:) Well I have my Calendar back and sync'ing to my Droid, but it wasn't pretty. I thought recurring appointments were the problem, but no...ANY event was a problem. Even just importing 1 single event appointment from a PST backup caused failure.

Here what I had to do...unchecked Cached Exchange Mode in Outlook and backed up the Calendar to a PST. Then arranged all calendar events in detail view; selected all and deleted everything. I waited a few seconds and then forced sync on the DROID (success). I then created a second calendar folder (CalendarOLD) in my profile and then imported the backup PST into that. Then I had to systematically manually re-create all my appointments and recurring events in the empty Calendar folder - all the time keeping an eye on my DROID at the same time. It syn'd beautifully. Do not try to drag over or copy from the PST - it will fail to sync and you may have to start all over!

What a pain in the bu**:icon_evil:

I could spend time and try to investigate why it does that, but I am going to reward myself with a glass or two of wine instead.....

TheMadScotsman

Reaction score
I forgot to add that once you have re-popoulated the new Calendar, you can revert to cached Exchange mode again. As a pre-caution, however, I deleted the old .ost file first and let it create a new one. It does that when you relaunch Outlook. If you have a very large mailbox, it may take a while to complete - just be patient.

red97rum

Reaction score
TheMadScotsman is the man!

I was having the same problem: Everything would sync fine except calendar items entered in outlook would not populate my handheld's calendar. I followed the steps that TheMadScotsman posted and it's now working! I was going to return this Droid and go back to my Wackberry Storm if the calendar wouldn't sync.

Off topic, FYI - Don't install Exchange 2010 rollup 4! After reboot all exchange & IIS services were set to disabled as the startup type and owa is completely broken. There are multiple posts on M$ Technet regarding the same issues. I think I found a post that identifies a fix for owa and I'll be trying it tonight. Thanks a lot Microsoft for making me work late to fix your **** :icon_evil:.

TheMadScotsman

Reaction score
Thanks Red97Rum!

My sync has worked flawlessly ever since my "fix".

Following your latest post, I immediately went to my Exchange 2010 Server and hid the Rollup 4 from updates for now.

red97rum

Reaction score
Same here, it's been 3 days and all is well. I don't miss my blackberry at all, well sometimes, but not very much dancedroid

Regarding Exchange 2010 rollup 4. I was able to get owa back up and running after rollup 4. Apparently what happens is the rollup fails to stop all the necessary services so the patch doesn't fully install (even though it says it did:icon_evil:)

This was my fix, my name is arc_support in this thread:
Exchange 2010 & OWA problem