Estrongs File Explorer

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was unable to back up Beautiful Widgets with EStrongs.... it did not list any widgets in the list for back up. I installed Astro File Manager to back up my widget. Still prefer EStrongs though.

moot

Reaction score
Thanks will give it a try!

Last edited:

mack38

Reaction score
I would like to love ES Explorer, but it doesn't seem to be working out for me.

I've followed all directions:
PC Firewall-off
Set up username/password
Entered IP address
Connected to Wifi

I just keep getting connection error..."Network path not found....etc" Any advice on what the deal may be...

My Gmote app works perfectly, so I don't understand what the issue is here...Help Please. Thanks!

mbeatle

Reaction score
Is file and print sharing turned on? What OS are you using?

I just attached to my desktop and oh my... this is really great. I no longer have to plug in my phone, mount USB, and then drag and drop to move things over. I can just browse from the phone. :)

normwerner

Reaction score
Mack38, I had exactly the same frustrating problems and only through trial and error did I discover that the key is NOT ot follow all of the instructions. The documentation is wrong for WIFI connections. In the case of a WIFI connection you DO need to have the Anonymous connection checked. The instructions work fine for OTA connections, but for WIFI check the anonymous box and it should work for you.

Once you get it working it is great.

Norm

mbeatle

Reaction score
I didn't check the anonymous box, connected via wifi. I connected to my desktop with an account in the administrators group and a password (don't use blank passwords).

mack38

Reaction score
Mack38, I had exactly the same frustrating problems and only through trial and error did I discover that the key is NOT ot follow all of the instructions. The documentation is wrong for WIFI connections. In the case of a WIFI connection you DO need to have the Anonymous connection checked. The instructions work fine for OTA connections, but for WIFI check the anonymous box and it should work for you.

Norm
Norm & MBeatle,

Thanks for the additional info....File & Print Sharing is on and Anonymous has been checked....but still no dice.

I'm going to keep up with this frustrating trial & error ordeal....hopefully some magic will happen soon....still confused about what the issue could be :blink: *sigh*

Thanks!

jrl9851

Reaction score

Norm

That got it working!! Thanks!

Question not really related to the app: in order to view files from my computer on the app, I have to click on "my documents" folder and "share". Is there anyway to ONLY share it with my phone? I don't want to share that folder with other computers on my network.

jrl9851

Reaction score
Ok...how exactly do I transfer files from my sd card to the my documents folder on the computer?

jrl9851

Reaction score
So how do we transfer files? Still can't figure this out LOL.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That got it working!! Thanks!

Question not really related to the app: in order to view files from my computer on the app, I have to click on "my documents" folder and "share". Is there anyway to ONLY share it with my phone? I don't want to share that folder with other computers on my network.
Yes there is. If you 'right' click on the folder you have shared on your PC (must do this on your PC) and select 'sharing and security > click the 'sharing' tab > There is a "User Limit:" option.... select "allow this number of users:" and then "1".
Ok...how exactly do I transfer files from my sd card to the my documents folder on the computer?

So how do we transfer files? Still can't figure this out LOL.
Long press on any file on your PC you want to cut/copy/edit and choose appropriate action. Then swap from the LAN tab in EStrongs to the Local tab... and navigate to the folder you want to paste/place file into and then drag up the arrow located on the bottom of the Estrongs UI..... or you can hit Menu > Operations and then list will pop up for you.

Last edited:

jrl9851

Reaction score
I want to transfer pictures and videos from my sd card to my computer, but everytime I copy and then try to past it into the "my documents" folder on my PC, it says the copy has failed.