Eris not charging?

mynameisjohn

Reaction score
I plugged my Eris in to charge the battery for the first time at 10PM (EST) on November 9th...it is now 4:30PM (EST) on November 10th and the LED indicator light is still amber. How can it possibly take this long to charge a battery? What is going on?

OP
M

mynameisjohn

Reaction score
I unplugged the charger and put it back in again and the LED turned green. Not sure what happened there but at least I can finally turn it on now!

droideris

Reaction score
were you using just the usb or the wall charger? i don't know if that makes a difference... glad it's working for you now though.

SBacklin

Reaction score
Sorry for digging this thread up....but

Is this a known bug? Will it be fixed in either the Dec. 11 or Jan. 22 updates? I have this issue too. Its really ANNOYING.

OP
M

mynameisjohn

Reaction score
I have since had my phone replaced and I no longer have this issue. Perhaps it's a faulty battery or the phone itself?

zvrider

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing when charged for the first time, charged for 5 hours. I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get the light to turn green, it now works fine, I can charge it and the light turns green.

SBacklin

Reaction score
Well, I just got my phone about 2 or 3 days ago. I am still doing the battery conditioning thing. Each time, the battery goes dead. I plug it into the charger and it will stay that amber color until I unplug and plug it back in (assuming the battery is actually full). Is this a software thing? Mine was shipped to me so I would have to send it back and I really don't want to have to do that. What do you guys think?

imjustagirl

Reaction score
I just got my eris this morning. I plugged it in...but there isn't any indication of how long the initial charge should take. Any thoughts?

ArcRiley

Reaction score
We received three Eris phones this morning, >5 hours later the lights are all still amber. They are all plugged in using the included AC adapters. Each of them turned amber again when unplugged and plugged back in, then turned green after about 10 seconds.

gstla

Reaction score
Firstly I apologize for being a necromancer and reviving a dead-thread. However, I am, for one, experiencing this technical issue and was wondering what ever happened or was discovered/fixed about this issue.

Hopefully something has changed...My experience was a long duration of "amber" light that turned green when I unplugged the Wall-Charger from the wall and decided to plug it back in like experienced in this post. Voila, my amber light turned green.

Now I'm having trouble activating my phone as my old mobile is well in tatters.

OP
M

mynameisjohn

Reaction score
I didn't really get a "solution" it just started working on its own after I unplugged it and plugged it back in that one time. It's worked fine ever since.