Droid Eris won't charge while turned on.

Lizziem1028

Reaction score
I can't find anyone having the same problem. My Eris simply will not charge while turned on. I plug the charger in and nothing happens, no LED, nothing on the battery icon. If I turn it off and plug it in it charges like normal. It also doesn't recognize being connected to my computer. I already know it's not the charger because I borrowed a friends Eris charger and had the same results.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't find anyone having the same problem. My Eris simply will not charge while turned on. I plug the charger in and nothing happens, no LED, nothing on the battery icon. If I turn it off and plug it in it charges like normal. It also doesn't recognize being connected to my computer. I already know it's not the charger because I borrowed a friends Eris charger and had the same results.

That is strange. You are right, I haven't heard of that other than your situation.

Maybe a call to Verizon would help.

vacobra1

Reaction score
There was a posting that had some info on it not that long ago. Mine wouldnt charge plugged into the usb. Turn it on airplane mode and plug it in for a few min and then unplug it and take it off airplane mode and then check to see if it will charge. That worked for mine. They say the battery gets stuck sometimes.