Eris Complaints?

gmace001

Reaction score
Is the Eris receiving an update on December 11th? I know the Moto Droid is, but I hadn't heard anything about the Eris.

Oh btw, I had 3 Droids before finally accepting the fact that the build quality was too crappy for me to deal with. The back battery cover slides off too easy when holding the phone sideways, the screen isn't seated properly under the glass which allows light to escape from the bottom buttons onto the screen....and there was noticeable dust particles under the glass on ALL of the droids I had.

I then decided to take the Eris for a spin, and it just screams quality. Coming from a blackberry curve, I love that there is an optional trackball. The Sense UI is gorgeous too.

derpudel

Reaction score
I've had my Eris since Nov. 6. Contact Icons added that first day are still sharp and clear...so it might be a problem with individual units?

Since I don't use the T9 typing option, I haven't even noticed any issues with that feature.

I still feel this phone is more what I want, even tho I originally thought I wanted the Motorola Droid. After testing it out, I quickly realized it wasn't for me. The Eris is a fine device, well-made, and easy to use. Sense UI is a beautiful overlay. I still am configuring all 7 screens, on several different "scenes". There are so many options, one could create endless combinations to suit various situations.

pmracing

Reaction score
very week contacts app. I want to sort contacts into categories like business - family - friends, etc... and then be able to sort business contacts by individual companies etc...

I suppose someone will make one, someday. I am willing to pay money for it!

Mikeeee

rcklss1

Reaction score
droid vs eris

I actually returned my droid that I purchased on release day for the iris today..
Reasons are :
HTC sense
Size
Not really a fan of the motorola... never have been
Never used the hard keyboard.... added weight was pointless

I am however going to miss 2.0 and the flash on the camera.. and the droid is a little faster.

I am in no way bashing the droid it is an awesome phone in the end though the eris was the better choice for me..... just my two cents

Missyapolis

Reaction score
this is my first smart phone

well i just got an eris two days ago and so far i love it although i dont know how it compares to the moto droid. i got the htc droid cause moto has screwed me over before this their crap phones and because i cant live without a phone in my pocket and the moto droid doesn't fit in girl jeans pockets. the google maps was way off my location but turning on GPS fixed it. i wish i could lock my widgets in place cause i bump then in to the wrong places when im messing with it. i like that my texts and my emails are separate, i like how customizable it is. i wish that when you sent the wallpaper it would let you set a wider image because it would look cooler when you scroll through your screens.

i can't figure out how to save ringtones i get sent in text messages or anything i get sent in texts. ill be a bit angry if i have to actually pay for ring tones if i cant just make my own like i could on my silly little LG chocolate.

anyone find a way to save ringtones form texts?
:greendroid:

Missyapolis

Reaction score
cheeh Never mind i just found how you can edit the music on your droid into ringtones, that is pretty awesome.

lil heezy

Reaction score
droid eris virtual keyboard

first post here...researching the droid vs. eris. from what I've read, it seems like I may be getting the droid and my wife may be getting the eris.

quick question...if you turn the eris sideways, does the eris' virtual keyboard switch to a widescreen format accordingly? if not, would anyone consider the virtual keyboard cramped...causing mistypings, etc?

swaldrop

Reaction score
first post here...researching the droid vs. eris. from what I've read, it seems like I may be getting the droid and my wife may be getting the eris.

quick question...if you turn the eris sideways, does the eris' virtual keyboard switch to a widescreen format accordingly? if not, would anyone consider the virtual keyboard cramped...causing mistypings, etc?

This is exactly what I did. I got the Droid, wife got the Eris. I am not that happy with either one, yet the Droid is far better.

The Eris will give you a landscape keyboard, but on it's own time. It varies. Sometimes it is quick, while other times it seems to never rotate properly.

Both have a ton of issues and I am actually going to return my Droid. I am trying to talk my wife into taking hers back as well, but not sure if she is willing. I'll be waiting for the 'next big thing' although I will most likely be disappointed with it as well. We'll see.

lil heezy

Reaction score
yeah, I was kinda expecting to have some issues when going to a smartphone. Once you start packing that much technology & functionality into something so small, it's gonna be tough to please everyone. I've had a Samsung A870 going on 3 years now, and I don't have one bad thing to say about it. It's been a perfect phone...that being said, it only texts, talks, and takes photos. The world of the smartphone is a whole new animal for me!

emoster

Reaction score
First 20 days of use

I have had the Eris for 20 days now, this morning no 3G icon to show connection to verizon network. WIFI works great. had to get technician at Verizon store to do hard reset to get 3G icon back. BUT...the phone would dial anyone...apparently when you do a hard reset, the phone de-activates on the network, causing you to call Verizon and re-activate the phone. What a pain in the gonads. Anyone else have this issue. :mad:

les017

Reaction score
We did a hard reset on ERIS twice (to delete all contacts) and we also had to reauthorize with Verizon. My Droid had no such issue.

emoster

Reaction score
Technician didn't even know

I was standing next to the service tech when I got the idea to check out the instore ERIS's. On the first Eris, I disabled the mobile network setting, then enabled it. the phone connected right back to the Verizon network. On the second phone, never went back to the mobile network, displayed as if connected, but no 3G icon. Winder if its a bug somewhere in the settings menu.

mhotovec

Reaction score
I've heard two things about the 3G problem, had one of the problems on my phone.

1) - rumor only at this point, the flaky 3G connection is a known issue which will be corrected in the upcoming update (there seems to be a lot riding on this update).

2) - A Quick Settings update didn't install correctly, and now the 3G won't connect (this is the problem I had). Verizon did a factory reset on my phone, I did not reinstall Quick Settings (a shame, I liked that program) and everything is working fine.

emoster

Reaction score
Now that ya mention it

2) - A Quick Settings update didn't install correctly, and now the 3G won't connect (this is the problem I had). Verizon did a factory reset on my phone, I did not reinstall Quick Settings (a shame, I liked that program) and everything is working fine.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing, i remember that I had quick settings installed, and soon afterward NO 3G icon. After the reset, ERIS is working fine, I skipped installing the quick settings prg, and have had no issues since, perhaps a coincidence, I think not.......:yeahbaby01:

J. Dub

Reaction score
Those of you with Eris.

Can you:
-save a pic from the internet onto your phone?
-can you copy/paste text?
-do you have option for phone keypad when replying to a text?
-take video well, or does it look shaky?
-text several contacts at once via checking them your contact screen?
^for example on my droid I have to type out the contact, if wanting to send to multiple contacts. I can't remember my contacts names and this is a pain

TIA