EPIC Windows 98 Smartwatch!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
img_20170220_004918.jpg

Who needs Android Wear 2.0 or an apple watch when you can have your very own epic Windows 98 smartwatch?! 314Reactor hacked together his very own Windows 98 smartwatch out of a Rasberry Pi. He was able to install an emulation on the Pi device. He then used a small display and strapped the whole contraption to his wrist. In the end he has one of the coolest smartwatches around. Check out his full project at the link below. This could make for a cool summer project with the kids.

via 314reactor

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Needs a couple pixie tubes to make it complete.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does it include multi-screen support? I can start strapping more screens to my arm.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Why not just run Linux or an OS that will Run on a Pi that is actually Useful. lol. Concept is cool but it reminds me of the Bionic 6 Wrist Devices from the 80's Cartoon.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Why not just run Linux or an OS that will Run on a Pi that is actually Useful. lol. Concept is cool but it reminds me of the Bionic 6 Wrist Devices from the 80's Cartoon.
I don't think it's for use, like most timkerers or hackers it's just because he could. I do agree q Linux would be pretty cool

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Windows 98! Nice. Now if it was Windows ME, I would have to be a hater! :p

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Attach a scanner and a mini projector, late childhood dream will finally come along for me. Cant wait to scream, Yu-Gi-Oh!

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
img_20170220_004918.jpg

Who needs Android Wear 2.0 or an apple watch when you can have your very own epic Windows 98 smartwatch?! 314Reactor hacked together his very own Windows 98 smartwatch out of a Rasberry Pi. He was able to install an emulation on the Pi device. He then used a small display and strapped the whole contraption to his wrist. In the end he has one of the coolest smartwatches around. Check out his full project at the link below. This could make for a cool summer project with the kids.

via 314reactor
So amazing!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Amagine

Reaction score
I love how the "why would you do that?" bunch comes out when ever someone tries something neat or new. I quietly picture them as the "settlers" family. :rolleyes:

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love how the "why would you do that?" bunch comes out when ever someone tries something neat or new. I quietly picture them as the "settlers" family. :rolleyes:

There's always a very simple straightforward answer to those kind of questions. "Because I could" :p