entitlement_check hack no longer works with jelly bean

lime4x4

Reaction score
I did have a working mobile hotspot with ics using the entitlement_check hack. When i went to jelly bean i had to do a factory data reset. which changed the entitlement_check value back to 1. I changed the value back to 0 now when i launch the mobile hotspot app it says it's checking subscription status then comes back and says i have to subscribe. Any ideas

avenged61973

Reaction score
Did you save and reboot after you changed it. I changed mine after updating and it works fine.

avenged61973

Reaction score
You have to be rooted for this to work. If you decide to root just Google free verizon mobile hot spot. It's really simple! Or you can download wi fi tether for root users. It's a free app and works great.

yaterml

Reaction score
How can you be changing the entitlement values when that requires root permission to write new values? If you are rooted as he said change the values save then reboot. In some instances a JB update will "break" the hot spot feature and a FDR won't fix it. You have to get a replacement phone. I had that issue the first time.

KaChow

Reaction score
How can you be changing the entitlement values when that requires root permission to write new values? If you are rooted as he said change the values save then reboot. In some instances a JB update will "break" the hot spot feature and a FDR won't fix it. You have to get a replacement phone. I had that issue the first time.

Correct for the entitlement hack to work ROOT is required (and one of those apps SQLite/DB Browser). If one changes system ROMs like upgrading ICS to JB, Root has to be re/established and entitlement hack needs to be reapplied if changed. After applied Reboot and enjoy.

yaterml

Reaction score
No he said after a FDR he changed it back to 0 but in a later comment said he wasn't rooted.

avenged61973

Reaction score
The original poster never replied back it was another person asking how to do this that said they were not rooted . I updated to jelly bean retained my root and had to redo my entitlement check

OP
L

lime4x4

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay got busy with another project.. I had to reboot my phone twice for it to kick in. But it's working now.

juv3

Reaction score
So this means you cant tether w/o verizon finding o?