Enaquared Insurance

mark-e-mark

Reaction score
I thought I would share my experience with ensquared insurance. I shopped quite a bit to find this deal.

I paid $112 for 2 years coverage on a DroidX I purchased from Verizon 10 days ago. This is slightly more than squaretrade with the slickdeals coupon, but it includes coverage for lost and theft; squaretrade does not. Deductible is $75.

The ensquared site has a calculator that suggested I would do better at Verizon, but I think that whole web app is an add for Verizon/Asurion. I declined Verizon coverage at $8/month and $90 deductible.

The site has the fine print available for download before you purchase. The experience seemed pretty straightforward.

twb136

Reaction score
I looked into ensquared and it just wasn't for me. I chose Asurion because I have dealt with them and they are fairly easy to deal with. I am not happy with the new deductible costs because it used to be $50 per claim but I cannot change it. The deductible may be higher BUT Asurion overnights (no weekends) you the phone where Ensquared is within 3 business days. $15 more for a phone immediately is the deal breaker for me.

Also worth noting that you pay no postage with Asurion but do pay returns for Ensquared and Ensquared requires a police report or some evidence of lost or theft where Asurion does not.

All in all, it is a time issue. It is worth $15 to have my phone overnighted and to also have to not deal with police reports if I lose my phone. Even if I break my phone, all I do is send it back in with the prepaid envelope.

ylimehajile

Reaction score
Not sure about the consistency of the Asurion 'overnight' claim. No personal experience but I've read several horror stories on this forum and others about a very long waiting list (30+ days) to get a 'like' device replaced. They are willing to send you garbage overnight but not a 'like' replacement. Just ask the original DROID owners.

twb136

Reaction score
I have always been sent phones overnight, Storm 1 and Storm 2. The one day I was not able to get a replacement immediately, I went right down to Verizon and freaked out until I caused enough of a disturbance and they replaced the phone.

Like I said, this is my experience with Asurion. They have been a good provider for me so I cannot fault them and the whole police report lost/stolen thing I read with Ensquared just annoys me. Really does remind of the late 90's, early 2000's. Between filing the police report, paying for the police report and then the waiting period and everything with Ensquared, I will stick with Asurion right now.

OP
M

mark-e-mark

Reaction score
Updated experience with Ensquared

I thought I would provide an update since I now have some experience with Ensquared's claim process. It all started when I took my Droid X swimming 8 days ago in on the Texas coast. I remembered the phone in my pocket after several refreshing dunks in the warm, salty water on a beautiful south Texas day.

I call Ensquared that evening (Sunday) and the claims agent explained that I was the 3rd person to take their Droid swimming that day. Good to know. The agent created my claim and explained the process. I provided a credit card for the $75 deductible, and authorized a $300 hold in order to get the new phone ordered immediately instead of waiting for mine to be received into the claims center. She also provided all the instructions for sending my phone in, and gave me the website for claims tracking.

A few days later, an agent called to tell me that there is a nationwide shortage on the Droid X, and that they could get me a Droid2 right away. I declined and explained that I had waited a long time already for my original DX, and that I do not want any other phone. On Friday, I received an email that a replacement had been ordered for me and the $75 charge was processed.

Today, 8 days after the claim was opened, a refurb (white box) DX arrived via UPS 2-day air. I would say this is a very positive experience with Ensquared.

Daali

Reaction score

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wheat does Esnquared charge? If it's less money and the deductible is less then Asurion I might be tempted to switch.

I imagine an X and D2 would go for roughly the same amount.

Daali

Reaction score
mine was 99.99 for a 2 year deal for a MB810 smartphone.
DEDUCTIBLE MAINTENANCE FEE
A non-refundable thirty-five dollar ($35) deductible maintenance fee will be collected for each authorized claim for the Covered Product under one hundred and fifty dollars ($150). A non-refundable fifty dollar ($50) deductible maintenance fee will be collected for each authorized claim for the Covered Product valued between one hundred and fifty dollars ($150) and three hundred dollars ($300). A non-refundable seventy-five dollar ($75) deductible maintenance fee will be collected for each authorized claim for the Covered Product over three hundred dollars ($300) or any type of Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs). An additional twenty-five dollars ($25) maintenance fee will be charged to the Member for the second claim and third claim . This Membership is not transferable.

maryanne82

Reaction score
asurion

have had asurion coverage for years through verizon ... 5 kids you put in lots of claims. have not had a complaint until recently. they tell me their coverage hasn't changed but i know it has.

filed a claim for a damaged phone last sept. last week had a phone stolen and filed a claim. that line has now been dropped from coverage until 1 year from the date of 2nd claim.

so their policy of 2 claims in a year (not a calendar year) is not valid. i can live with being unable to file another claim until september (1 year) but can't insure this phone ever again w/asurion. once a new phone/contract is purchased can have insurance on that phone number again. which means going almost 2 years w/o insurance since the iphone is only a few months old.

so beware!

now, i know this wasn't always the case b/c i had a chronic phone loser and as soon as the year from 1st claim was up we were able to start over again.

i'm now looking for alternatives for all of our phones b/c i am not happy w/this as well as the $180 deductible for the smartphones.

am open to suggestions.

stilh2omom

Reaction score
Do you have an insurance policy for each phone or can one policy cover all phones? The reason I'm asking is that a Verizon rep told me I could insure all three of our phones (which are identical) under one policy.

Last edited: