Email

jseah

Reaction score
Go to your email settings and click on the Send and Receive settings. Check to see what your update schedule is set at. There is a separate setting for peak time and off peak time. The default setting for peak time M-F 8 am to 8 pm. The default is check for new mail every 15 minutes during peak time and not to check (set to manual) during off peak times. You can set it to check as often as every 5 minutes.

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
Furthermore, if you wish to have a widget on your home screen tell you how many unread emails you have in your inbox, get Gmail Unread Count.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm always having to check my email. The thunderbolt isn't letting me know when I have mail. When I check I might have 10 emails. Help please thanks!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

The HTC Mail app doesnt support push email in my experience.. I have to use gmail app

tbolt1125

Reaction score
I've noticed sometimes my emails won't come in on my phone, I am using the regular mail app and my email isn't a gmail account, is there a setting I need to tweak or something? I would like it so that as soon as I receive an email it shows up on my phone

sent from the bolt

wheelieInCali

Reaction score
I've messed with all the settings I can find but mine has been having the same problem for about a week now. Even if I open up the pre-installed email app and click "refresh" no emails come through. Getting annoyed. I rooted mine, could that have ended updates from Verizon or goofed something up?

tbolt1125

Reaction score
I posted this awhile ago but what I did was set my peak time from like 8am to 7am so its pretty much always on and I have been getting emails as soon as they come in

sent from the bolt

kirbnite

Reaction score
I've messed with all the settings I can find but mine has been having the same problem for about a week now. Even if I open up the pre-installed email app and click "refresh" no emails come through. Getting annoyed. I rooted mine, could that have ended updates from Verizon or goofed something up?

Always remember that if the account you have set up is a pop mail account, then if you have a PC checking that mail too, the PC should be set up to leave a copy on the server.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

droidgrr

Reaction score
I just moved to a Droid 2 Global from a Blackberry. I was able to set my email (thru centurytel.net) up on my BB to send to my BB, but not delete the email from my server. My emails would only be deleted from my server when I got my email from my PC and it would also delete from my BB after I downloaded them.

I want this setup as I don't want to have to look in 2 places for email - sometimes they go to my phone, sometimes they go to my PC. What do I need to change to make this happen?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You should set the account's “delete email from server” to “never”, I guess.

I'm not sure how Blackberry automatically synchronises POP3 email, because the only way it could delete emails you already received on the device, then received on the PC and deleted them there, by just deleting every message that is not present on the server which isn't what a POP3 client should really do. (I'm running email services myself, and I know exactly how email protocols such as POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP, work.)

droidgrr

Reaction score
I don't see an option on my Droid email account to set “delete email from server” to “never”. I assume I am not looking in the right place?

droidgrr

Reaction score
I looked at that link. It is similar, but not exactly the same. I already had my email setup like this and am receiving emails on my Droid. This is what I don't understand:

This is what I have done:

On my PC, I close my email (Outlook Express) so I won't receive any.
On my Droid, Settings>Accounts>select my other email account>Other Settings> "Remove manually deleted emails from the server" is checked.
I wait until I get another email on my Droid.
I go to my PC and open Outlook Express. The email that I got on my Droid does not show up.

On my PC, I close my email (Outlook Express) so I won't receive any.
On my Droid, Settings>Accounts>select my other email account>Other Settings> unchecked "Remove manually deleted emails from the server"
I wait until I get another email on my Droid.
I go to my PC and open Outlook Express. The email that I got on my Droid does not show up.

I have no idea what checking or unchecking this box is supposed to do? I would think something different, but my email is acting the same regardless.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
That checkbox removes emails you deleted on the Droid, so it's a different case.

What you described means that the Droid's mail client is not set to leave messages on the server. Alas, I don't have any POP3 accounts as of now, so I can't check this myself.

To work around this issue you could use gmail and make it fetch your mail from centurytel, but yeah, it will be a “different” solution since your From: address when you reply will contain your gmail address instead of centurytel one.

cookie03045

Reaction score
I have the Samsung Droid Charge and the last few days I have not been receiving any of my emails. I tried rebooting and even did a battery pull, any help would be appreciated very much...thanks!

DelSam

Reaction score
Samsung Droid Charge Email Issues

I am also experiencing email issues (pushed from gmail) with my new Samsung Droid Charge as well. I performed several reboots but the spinning wheel in the upper right hand corner seems to be in an endless cycle with no results. I can see the 4G LTE download and upload link toggling red and green but to no avail. I do however get notifications of email and able to read them in that preview state but the normal email client does not update. Any help would be appreciated. Newbie on Verizon and Droid device.