Email on Droid from Go Daddy accounts?

ericlepping

Reaction score
OK, I'll admit to being spoiled by my BlackBerry when setting up email accounts.
Can anyone help with setting up accounts from Go Daddy hosted mail? Not having much luck (similar to the problems others were having w Yahoo mail)
Thanks!

OP
E

ericlepping

Reaction score
That Worked. Thanks Stigy!

The odd thing is that I have two domains w Go Daddy - one was POP, one was IMAP...
Got it done with some trial and error, though.
For anyone else setting up accounts - you may have to try POP and IMAP for your accounts and play with the security settings. You may require SSL, you may not. No reason for the playing around that I can see but that what you may need to do.

Stigy

Reaction score
The odd thing is that I have two domains w Go Daddy - one was POP, one was IMAP...
Got it done with some trial and error, though.
For anyone else setting up accounts - you may have to try POP and IMAP for your accounts and play with the security settings. You may require SSL, you may not. No reason for the playing around that I can see but that what you may need to do.

I switched from GoDaddy a long time ago and I remember their mail was very, very confusing to get setup.

Good work!!

muddy00

Reaction score
Check your outgoing. If it doesn't work you have to select verify pasword on the bottom of the outgoing server page

SteveF

Reaction score
Settings that Work

Ok,
After much playing with godaddy account, I was able to get my phone to get my phone receiving and sending. Here are the things i change

1. Make sure you setup your username properly, [email protected]
2. Changed my outgoing server to smtpout.secureserver.net
3. Changed port for outgoing port to 80.
4. Check the Sign in required box

It seems to work fine.

legends117

Reaction score
Ok,
After much playing with godaddy account, I was able to get my phone to get my phone receiving and sending. Here are the things i change

1. Make sure you setup your username properly, [email protected]
2. Changed my outgoing server to smtpout.secureserver.net
3. Changed port for outgoing port to 80.
4. Check the Sign in required box

It seems to work fine.

Maybe you can help me...I don't see the option for step 4 (checking the Sign In box) Can you give me clue where I can find it? I've just picked up the Moto Droid.

Thanks much

Reaction score
None of this stuff has worked for me unfortunately. I was hoping it was everyone but since it seems to work for others I guess I'm in trouble :)

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
i was able to get the email set up fine, problem is my email app crashes half the time i try reading new email.... i have a godaddy (imap) email set up and a cox email set up (pop)

RyanRathje

Reaction score
Godaddy Issues

I can receive my email from my domain on godaddy. The problem is it locks up everytime and doesn't download new emails unless I delete all email and do a hard reboot. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

absurdman

Reaction score
Currently, only GoDaddy's "Unlimited" email plans support IMAP access. "Personal" and "Deluxe" plans only support POP access. At this time (the page Stigy mentioned previously) GoDaddy's documentation about setting up a Droid doesn't explain this detail.

I still haven't been able to find outbound server settings that work. If anyone knows how to configure the outbound settings on a Deluxe plan, please tell us what worked.

TIA

Last edited:

twigstoy

Reaction score
Same here.. this is frustrating.. No work email on a work phone!!! Stinks to have to use the browser to log into my account..

HEMDROID

Reaction score
You have a g-mail account to activate the droid phone correct? I simply forward my email from go daddy to my gmail, works flawlessly.