Email notification ringtone won't save after 2.2 update

JennyPenny

Reaction score
I updated to 2.2 this morning. I had to go through and reset my specific notification tones for email, corporate email, messaging, talk, etc. I also had to update my ringtones for specific contacts.

But as I received emails from my exchange account, the notification ringtone is not what I set it to. It is changing itself to "Default Ringtone" and that ringtone is not the actual default ring that I have set for my calls. It is a ringtone I set for a specific contact.

I have turned the phone off and on again, but the notification tone for the email keeps changing itself back. I have also turned it off and taken the battery out for a minute, put it back in and turned it back on, and received the same results.

It's not a huge deal, I am just puzzled as to why just that particular notification ringtone will not work correctly and where it is pulling this "Default Ringtone" from. Is anyone else having this problem?

lkryb

Reaction score
me neither

I also have not been able to change any of my ringtones since this update. Anybody know how?

OP
J

JennyPenny

Reaction score
Update on original issue: when receiving outlook emails this morning, my ringtone that I have been trying to choose for 24 hours finally decided to save and act as the correct notification tone. I have no idea why this app decided to be different than the rest but I won't question it.

OP
J

JennyPenny

Reaction score
I also have not been able to change any of my ringtones since this update. Anybody know how?

lkryb, give it a shot now. Like I said, it seems like time was all my phone needed to straighten itself out. Are all of your ringtones/notifications not saving or is just certain apps, like my problem?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
A reboot might help. They phone scans your SD card to find ringtones, etc. It may have been to busy after the update to do this.

RobEdborg

Reaction score
I am also having ringtone/notification issues after the upgrade. I had to reset all of them, but when I receive MMS pictures through handcent, it is playing music that has never been selected for any of my notifications or ringtones and I cannot figure out how to change it.