Email Notification Problem

bridgayyrose

Reaction score
I just got the Android Rzr Maxx, and now I don't get notified about any emails I get. I already have my gmail account set up and only will I see new emails if I open the gmail app and click refresh. I already went to options and clicked the option of it to notify me in the status bar when an email arrives yet it doesn't. My phone I had before was just an Android Motorola, I believe the first version, and it would notify me about emails the second my email received them. How should I fix it?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I just got the Android Rzr Maxx, and now I don't get notified about any emails I get. I already have my gmail account set up and only will I see new emails if I open the gmail app and click refresh. I already went to options and clicked the option of it to notify me in the status bar when an email arrives yet it doesn't. My phone I had before was just an Android Motorola, I believe the first version, and it would notify me about emails the second my email received them. How should I fix it?

You have to select a ring tone also. Go to settings in Gmail app and select a ring tone. You can also select vibrate if you'd like.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
It almost sounds like he doesn't have it set to sync. automatically to me. He said he only knows if he has mail by opening Gmail and hitting refresh.
Open Gmail>menu> settings>then choose " [email protected]" then several rows down there's a place to choose your sync. options. I believe it's under the data usage section.

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

Also go menu>system settings >accounts and sync>turn sync on and select your Gmail account below.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

djspy

Reaction score
You can also set the power widget on one of your home screens as a quick way to turn sync on and off. The sync is the one with the two arrows. To set the widget go into your app drawer, select widgets and scroll to the power widget. Press and hold on it until you're back on your home screens then simply let go to drop it in an empty slot. Here's what the power widget looks like View attachment 59061 it's the long bar right below the search bar. My sync is currently set to off by the way.