Email is synched but how do I...

kristie73

Reaction score
I have both Google email and Yahoo mail. I synched them both on my new Droid RAZR HD, but if I've read the email on my computer it still shows that I have email on my phone? Why won't this refresh and realize I already read that mail? Thanks.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I have both Google email and Yahoo mail. I synched them both on my new Droid RAZR HD, but if I've read the email on my computer it still shows that I have email on my phone? Why won't this refresh and realize I already read that mail? Thanks.

I was wrong... if I read the email on my phone, then go to the PC, it will show read or greyed out. And vice versa... maybe there is a setting.

It will show not read, unless you hit the refresh button... try that.

Last edited:
OP
K

kristie73

Reaction score
The yahoo mail app updates and does not show email after it's been read, but the regular mail app is showing 66 messages. I've gone into Google mail and Yahoo mail and both have all read mail. I've refreshed, but it stays showing 66 mail and keeps adding up?:frown:

jimmythegent

Reaction score
The yahoo mail app updates and does not show email after it's been read, but the regular mail app is showing 66 messages. I've gone into Google mail and Yahoo mail and both have all read mail. I've refreshed, but it stays showing 66 mail and keeps adding up?:frown:

Thats annoying. I only have Gmail, only one app for my emails. Must be some sort of conflict but can guarantee you its the Yahoo one interfering. Frustrating for a "smartphone" I know.

OP
K

kristie73

Reaction score
I removed it and resynced it. It cleared out all read emails but then as more came in and I read them from somewhere else, it still did not refresh and know that. I removed the Email app. I will just use the yahoo mail app and the gmail app.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I removed it and resynced it. It cleared out all read emails but then as more came in and I read them from somewhere else, it still did not refresh and know that. I removed the Email app. I will just use the yahoo mail app and the gmail app.

Best way to go, inconvenient but at least you know whats what now.

razorwes

Reaction score
Mail Sync

I have the same situation as Kristy. Read all mail on p.c. at a later time check mail on phone and low & behold it did not refresh I still have the same messages. i looked for mail settings there is none. My HTC T-Bolt would refresh, but not his $200 piece of crap.

razorwes

Reaction score
Sync Mail

As I just read try changing you email settings for POP account to an IMAP. Yahoo defaults to POP Gmail might default to IMAP. Give it a try, I will.

I big shout out to the folks on this forum, thanks.