Email Synching Problems

Fizban22

Reaction score
Hey all,

ive noticed that when i updated the new 2.2 froyo, my email stopped synching by itself. i have it set to fetch every hour, but it wont.
i have to go into the mailbox and manually refresh the inbox in order for new emails to show up.

any ideas on how to fix this? or is this just another bug that comes with froyo?

bcowan

Reaction score
Email syncing problem

I too just found out that I have the same problem. I can manually sync and get my emails but the Droid X no longer notifies me. I contacted Verizon and was told after checking my settings that it is a problem at Googles end. Verizon suggested I contact Google support and post a message. Have done so this past Friday but so far no answers. Please, please let me know if you find a solution. The auto notify of emails was a great help. Although I haven't gotten any emails from our President asking for advice, it was nice to be notified of any incoming emails from friends.

wilyrockstar

Reaction score
I am having the same problem since the 2.2 update. Having to manual sync your calendar is a pain.

My email is sometimes delivered right away and sometimes hours later. That also seems to be since the 2.2 update.

bcowan

Reaction score
Email syncing problem

Well at least we're not alone. Just wish someone could come up with an answer. Google, are you listening. Have suffered through the first phone on the first day losing its mike. Then the ring tone problem, had to reset phone and add all apps back in and set them up. Now no email notifications. Do love this phone but it is trying my patience. Anybody else having this problem?

bcowan

Reaction score
Email syncing problem

I understand what you said however that still doesn't explain why all of a sudden we stopped getting our emails. I have contacted Verizon tech support and they reviewed all my settings and concluded it is a problem at Googles end. Any other suggestions?

OP
F

Fizban22

Reaction score
Yeah obviously the email account isnt set up wrong seeing as I was recieving emails perfectly fine before the update, and now they wont refresh.

oooh how i wish i could go back to 2.1 and wait until they fix all these bugs before updating to froyo

randy0242

Reaction score
I used the power widget included in Android and turned on Auto Sync (looks like a refresh icon) and everything started working via PUSH.

IF, it doesn't start working:

Then from the Launcher > My Accounts > Click on your GMail account and make sure Sync GMail is checked. Do this for all your GMail accounts.

Randy

bcowan

Reaction score
Well it's finally fixed. After spending phone time with first Verizon and then Motorola and having tried a number of fixes, the only final fix was to reset the phone to the original factory settings and then reload all of my apps. Finally, I get an icon that I have mail on my phone. Motorola will review my problem with the techies and see if they can find out why it is happening and fix it. Evidently a mix of certain apps may turn off the ability to recieve emails without having to manually refresh the emails. Oh well, at least its fixed. Good luck.

udt89

Reaction score
I used the power widget included in Android and turned on Auto Sync (looks like a refresh icon) and everything started working via PUSH.

IF, it doesn't start working:

Then from the Launcher > My Accounts > Click on your GMail account and make sure Sync GMail is checked. Do this for all your GMail accounts.

Randy

this worked for me. thanks