Email Force Closes, won't open any messages

bgrubb7

Reaction score
Another thing I'd suggest is to talk to your ISP, Webhoster, or whoever hosts your Domain or Email server.

I had been unable to get my IMAP work email to work at all. Email App would force close as soon as it tried to connect to server or open a message. K-9 worked better, but it would still hang up while trying to load messages.

I always assumed it was just a Android thing, and even learned to accept it. Finally while on the phone with tech support with our webhosting provider, I mentioned my issue. He said they have had alot of complaints from mobile users in general, and he gave me an alternate email server address to try. Now it works like a charm, and has been for several weeks now.

ewk

Reaction score
Thanks Otaku!

This was perfect. Saved me hours, I'm sure. Open source and community support rock!

ke0kie

Reaction score
Doing the "clear data" from running service, then rebuilding my account WORKED for me.

Nice, thanks Droid forum peeps!

--Scott

Last edited:

jb312

Reaction score
same problem and solution doesn't work

I have the same problem, which I knew about from a co-workers long complaints but had never experienced until today.

I tried the fix, but the email process isn't showing up in my currently running apps list, even though it's in my task killer's app list.

Advice?

- jb