email access

goverholtz

Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought 3 Droids and am getting worried reading all the email threads here. What I am wondering is this.

My wife is a community college teacher and must read and respond to students with the school email. Since she access it through the internet, can she access it as she normally would and then read and reply to email? I don't think this is the same as having it 'pushed' or 'pulled' to gmail.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought 3 Droids and am getting worried reading all the email threads here. What I am wondering is this.

My wife is a community college teacher and must read and respond to students with the school email. Since she access it through the internet, can she access it as she normally would and then read and reply to email? I don't think this is the same as having it 'pushed' or 'pulled' to gmail.

:welcome: to Droid Forums. I've seen this issue several times and from what I can research it's as simple as having the email address forwarded to gmail. Here's what I came up with:

well, the first solution is to set it up as imap. your settings would look something like this:

imap.nyit.edu
smtp.nyit.edu

as for the ports, you would have to check to see which ones are used. If you check your email via outlook, you can look to see what the settings are, under accounts>change.

the second solution is to forward it through gmail.

Hope that helps you out and relieves you of worry. It should be pretty simple.:)

TheMidnight

Reaction score
You might also need security. I have a college account and ours uses security for IMAP. Generally on the Droid it will be SSL (Accept all certificates) unless your college web page has different directions. You can get the settings from the IT site at the school. Look for IMAP or POP client setup. Some have a page for iPhone--the settings there should work if you match the fields up. Good luck!:icon_ banana: