Question about Email pushing?

m6droid

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So, my girlfriend jumped from her iphone and ATT to Verizon and a Droid Incredible. She still wants to use her mobileme.com account (for at LEAST this semester) since she gave that out in her syllabus to her students at the university.

She needs access to these emails ASAP as she's always responding to work groups, other professors, and students. I tried to set her me.com account up as an exchange email so I could get emails to push. Unfortunately that's a no go as it can't find her server or anything. I also tried setting up her me.com to forward to her gmail account that was set up on the phone, but it takes FOREVER to get there. I have the gmail to auto sync.

Is there another way to get emails to "push" quickly so she can receive them on her phone? Or should I set her DInc to constantly check for emails every 5 or 10 minutes?

Currently I have her ME.com account to look for new emails every 15 minutes Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm, but I'm afraid it'll kill her battery when she's out. How bad is it really? Or how else can I set this up.

Sorry for my newbness, but I am OG Droid user and I use my gmail as my main account. ;)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would suggest setting up a gmail account and then (on a computer) go into gmail/settings/accounts and import/ and import all of the mail from this pre-existing account, gmail will bring the folders and everything over and leave the original account untouched, you can also set it to keep importing mail for up to thirty days and if you like it will make it seem as your out mail is being sent from this old email address...I would also suggest setting this other account to forward to gmail

My wife and I both did this, from hotmail to gmail and it was an easy transition

OP
m6droid

m6droid

Reaction score
I would suggest setting up a gmail account and then (on a computer) go into gmail/settings/accounts and import/ and import all of the mail from this pre-existing account, gmail will bring the folders and everything over and leave the original account untouched, you can also set it to keep importing mail for up to thirty days and if you like it will make it seem as your out mail is being sent from this old email address...I would also suggest setting this other account to forward to gmail

My wife and I both did this, from hotmail to gmail and it was an easy transition

I already did the forwarding thing, but for some reason it isn't forwarding to her Gmail. I told her to just tell everyone to start emailing her at her gmail and then use her ME.com account as the account she signs up on websites or makes orders from. Turn it into the "trash" account. Bwahahahaha! dancedroid