Eclipse ICS 1.3 and GMail

buellboy9

Reaction score
Google has an updated GMail app out in Google Play, but it won't install on Eclipse ICS 1.3. I'm wondering if it is because there is a custom version of GMail on there? It gives me a message that the installed version isn't signed correctly and I should uninstall it before trying to install the new version... but I'm afraid to try... anyone else see this?:frown:

deduct

Reaction score
I would not update it. I am on eclipse 1.2 and noticed that there is an update available for gmail as well. Even if it did take you would lose inverted gmail. So, not worth it.

zeroxia

Reaction score
You can try removing the Gmail.apk file from /system/app, with the help of Root Explorer. Then reboot and install from play store.

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
You can try removing the Gmail.apk file from /system/app, with the help of Root Explorer. Then reboot and install from play store.

I'm thinking I could do the same thing with TiBu... but I'm also afraid of damaging the ROM. I don't care about "inverted GMail." That really isn't important to me. Having the latest updates and fixes is more important.