Is anyone working on porting the RAZR ICS leak to the Bionic?

zhill29

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyones porting the ICS leak to the bionic. Not to sound too impatient but right now I'm back to running stock because I have a lapdock which isn't working with current ICS roms or Eclipse. Liberty just sucks battery like no other for reasons I don't understand. And the new version of webtop looks EPIC! So again trying not to sound too impatient or whieny but I am rather excited.

P.S. Has anyone heard any more on when the Bionic is supposed to officially get ICS?

kennydied23

Reaction score
If someone ported over the leak, it wouldn't be fully functional...it'd be pretty much the same state that the current ics roms are in. The bionic and razr have different hardware that would make porting difficult, and there is no point when devs already have a source built around the bionics hardware.

As for when its coming, that's anyone's guess. Motorola has posted on their site that its in the "evaluation and planning" stage, so probably in the next few months would be my guess.

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The hardware is almost identical. The real issue is that the locked bootloader makes it impossible to boot the proper kernel. If you were to flash the RAZR ICS kernel to the Bionic's boot partition, the bootloader would keep kicking you into recovery mode instead of booting the kernel, as the encryption keys don't match.

I'd guess the ICS build for the Bionic won't be too far behind the RAZR, evaluation and planning means absolutely nothing except for the fact that it isn't soak testing yet. If the RAZR release pushes on time, i'd venture to guess the Bionic will see it by the end of May, at least the soak test.