ebay help

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just planning ahead a bit... I might sell my Droid on ebay in the near future given the Droid X. I've never sold anything on ebay before and rarely purchase on there as well. I'm seeing Droids currently going from anywhere between $200 and $400 on ebay and craigslist, depending on abuse and accessories. What kind of a starting point is normal for bidding? And what timeframe is good?

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
bump 10...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would place a reserve on it at the lowest $$$ you will accept.
I usually let things run 7days..

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks, that helps

and FYI, though you probably know, the email associated with the link in your signature has a space between "rr" which appears to be messing it up

jayb

Reaction score
I have sold a few things on Ebay.............I suggest also that you set a min price. Also dont sell outside of the cont. US. Well you can but I have heard of horror stories from people doing that.

Dont let anyone talk you in to removing the ad and paying you outside of Ebay , A buddy of mine got screwed that way.

Make darn sure you send it where a signature is required and with Insurance to cover your own butt. I had this happen and the guy tried to say he never got it...........well long story short I had all the paperwork to prove it was delivered and was on time.

Hope this helps some.........Jay

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
that's a big help, thanks jay

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
thanks, that helps

and FYI, though you probably know, the email associated with the link in your signature has a space between "rr" which appears to be messing it up

Thanks, Fixed now.

jayb

Reaction score
that's a big help, thanks jay

Not a problem ..........Just dont want to see someone get " stung " . O and 7-10 days is really good. But you probably will not see much movement on it until the last few mins. of the auction. :icon_ banana:

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks, that helps

Thanks, Fixed now.

is there a thread with more details on that? it looks like all the mods have that in their sig, but i'm not seeing any more info

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks, that helps

Thanks, Fixed now.

is there a thread with more details on that? it looks like all the mods have that in their sig, but i'm not seeing any more info

not just yet, but there will be. watch the news section. thanks for your interest!

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
are we allowed to post links to ebay/craigslist if it's to sell the droid and related accessories?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
are we allowed to post links to ebay/craigslist if it's to sell the droid and related accessories?

If you do that thread will be closed, but the link will be allowed to stay. At least thats the policy at this time.