Droid purchased from eBay

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just won a like-new Droid off eBay for $175, and according to this guy, it's only been used sparingly the past couple months...and that the ESN is clear. I tried contacting the guy before the winning bid finalized, but he lives on the East coast so he's probably sleepin'.

Anyways, anyone else have experiences to share about buying Droids off of eBay? I know that eBay has the Buyers Protection Plan, so I'm comfortable about that part if the ESN turns up bad, but was wondering if others had bad experiences trying to get refunded on a bad ESN purchase?

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I bought my fascinate off of ebay and everything went fine
Thanks for that/... I'm hoping the same. I've only had good experiences with eBay also.
So you just called VZW about the ESN? Is there a VZW page to check online? I don't plan on activating this, it'll just be a backup Droid for either mine otr my daughters, should either of ours get accidently damaged.

ocdtrekkie

Reaction score
Calling Verizon couldn't hurt. They might be able to check the ESN against their records for you.

Jumper2501

Reaction score
Anyways, anyone else have experiences to share about buying Droids off of eBay? I know that eBay has the Buyers Protection Plan, so I'm comfortable about that part if the ESN turns up bad, but was wondering if others had bad experiences trying to get refunded on a bad ESN purchase?
I bought mine on eBay also, and couldn't be happier. I found a reputable seller who was responsive to my questions, so I bought. I tried Craigslist first, hoping to meet someone at a VZW store and make the purchase but they all turned out to be scammers. So, eBay it was.

I don't have anything to add about bad experiences but thought I'd share. Hope it helps.

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I bought mine on eBay also, and couldn't be happier. I found a reputable seller who was responsive to my questions, so I bought. I tried Craigslist first, hoping to meet someone at a VZW store and make the purchase but they all turned out to be scammers. So, eBay it was.

I don't have anything to add about bad experiences but thought I'd share. Hope it helps.
Yeah, all feedback helps...thanks.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before you bought the phone on eBay did you check all the feedback of the seller? Asking in advance before the sale what the ESN number is would not be a problem if the seller has nothing to hide. And, yes, if you call VZW customer care, they will be happy to have the ESN checked to see if it is clear or not. My hope to you is that this was a good purchase and you don't have any issues.

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Before you bought the phone on eBay did you check all the feedback of the seller? Asking in advance before the sale what the ESN number is would not be a problem if the seller has nothing to hide. And, yes, if you call VZW customer care, they will be happy to have the ESN checked to see if it is clear or not. My hope to you is that this was a good purchase and you don't have any issues.
Thanks, I am hoping this is a clean ESN... And yes I did see his feedback and they were good, and by the time I started bidding for it it was around 2AM NY time, where he is located, so he probably didn't have a chance to see my email and contact me back.

All in all though, this is eBay and not Craigslist, so I am about 97% confident that this willl go OK... but that 3% still has me wondering...lmao... and if it falls in that 3%, I'll find out real quick how good eBay's Buyer's Protection Plan works...:)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I bought my D1 from ebay as well. Everything went fine for me. As has been said before if you call Verizon they will check the ESN for you, and If it's no good I'm sure you would be able to get a refund if it was advertised as a phone with a "clean ESN".

Good luck

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Got my Droid (1) in an auction off eBay as well. No problems. Hardest part of the whole deal was waiting for the seller to send the phone. Had to send an email to find out when it would be mailed. Took a week from an adjacent state.