EasyRoot Works!

darthrogue

Reaction score
There is an app in the app store called EasyRoot. I was going to go through the whole ADB process to root my phone, and then the SDK didn't want to install, so I just decided to try this. The only downside to it is that it costs $1, but we are in the wrong mindset when it comes to paying for apps. If it only a buck and it does something useful, then my all means, buy it! It took literally 60 seconds to download, launch, and root. Now i'm enjoying Wifi Tethering, DroCap2, and all our handy root apps except for ROM Manager. (for anybody that lives in a cave, the bootloader is still locked, and flashing clockworkmod could brick your phone)

soba1

Reaction score
There is an app in the app store called EasyRoot. I was going to go through the whole ADB process to root my phone, and then the SDK didn't want to install, so I just decided to try this. The only downside to it is that it costs $1, but we are in the wrong mindset when it comes to paying for apps. If it only a buck and it does something useful, then my all means, buy it! It took literally 60 seconds to download, launch, and root. Now i'm enjoying Wifi Tethering, DroCap2, and all our handy root apps except for ROM Manager. (for anybody that lives in a cave, the bootloader is still locked, and flashing clockworkmod could brick your phone)

Nice find thanks.
Whats the process for rebooting the X thanks..... :icon_ banana:

Found the answer to my question......
How to reboot the X
http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/21/how-to-boot-into-recovery-on-the-droid-x/

I agree; whats a .99 for an app especially one like this

Last edited:

thomasomali

Reaction score
i updated manualy to the 2.2 froyo does this app work on the new version

Happyappy

Reaction score
The only downside to it is that it costs $1, but we are in the wrong mindset when it comes to paying for apps. If it only a buck and it does something useful, then my all means, buy it! )

Amen brother. If I can pay 3 bucks for coffee...I can pay $1 for an app that makes my life easier. The developers of these apps deserve to be paid for their knowledge and abilities.

With this app taking all the headache out of it....I may root before we get 2.2

citronbull

Reaction score
It worked on my Droid X. I dl'ed wireless tethering free ffrom the market, and couldn't be happier. Would I lose this when froyo comes out?

OP
darthrogue

darthrogue

Reaction score
as of now, this app doesn't work with froyo, however for us droid x users, it is worth the buck even if it is just for a few months... we pay WAY more than that for cellular data xD

laubin

Reaction score
EasyRoot is unbelievable! I tried a few times to root my X to no avail. The other methods never worked at all. I installed this, pushed a button and it was rooted!
Too bad Google has removed the app from the market. I'm glad I bought it when I did because it was right after they stopped it's sale.
I hope the developer continues with it and updates and makes any improvements to it still. He'll have to find an alternate way to get it to us though if Google doesn't reinstate it on Google Market.
This is really an awesome app!!!

DROID DOES!!

ccomengee86

Reaction score
One-click root/unroot program is free.
It takes less than 5 seconds to root/unroot DX.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last I heard Easy Root has been pulled from the Market.

dclutter1

Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't heard any different.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk