Easy Root, one-click root for DROID 1 and DROID X, works as intended

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update: 8/6 @11:00AM EST: Easy Root has been updated to root Android 2.2 on the DROID 1!

2igklyb.jpg

Well, we've gone through quite an emotional rollercoaster with that latest DMUpdater leak, which ended up not working too well for many users. But fret not, as another one-click root app hit the Market today, by the name of Easy Root.Easy Root is an application that provides a one-click root option for both the DROID 1 (Android 2.1 only) and DROID X. And once rooted, the app will be give you the options to install drocap2 (screenshot app), busybox, WiFi tether, and ROM Manager (ROM Manager works only for DROID 1). Then, from ROM Manager (DROID 1 only) you then can to install a custom recovery (either ClockworkMod or SPRecovery).

easyroot2.png

Considering that the Android 2.2 OTA is coming within the next couple days, now is a very important time to decide whether or not to root. We don't know if the 2.2 update will close the vulnerabilities that currently exist in Android 2.1 for the MOTO Droid, so rooting post-update may be difficult. Also, note that the dev community will release a properly rooted version of the OTA update minutes after the update starts hitting devices. So, what I'm saying, now is as good a time as any to root, and with such a simple app, why not give it a shot?

Easy Root now works with Android 2.1 and 2.2 for the DROID. Easy Root is now available for $0.99 on the Android Market, and has received good reviews thus far. Let us know if it worked for you.

QR Code for Easy Root:

chart

Reminder, DroidForums.net is in no way responsible if you brick your device (Full disclaimer here). Be smart, check over the forums before you do anything. Search is your friend.

via Droid Life
Check out Easy Root on Androlib

Last edited:

rancid1

Reaction score
When i download rom manager on my droid x there's no listing for the droid x do i just set as droid so i can install 2.2

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
When i download rom manager on my droid x there's no listing for the droid x do i just set as droid so i can install 2.2

ROM Manager is not compatible with DROID X, because there is no custom ROM for the DROID X. sorry for the confusion. OP updated.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Considering that the Android 2.2 OTA is coming within the next couple days, now is a very important time to decide whether or not to root. We don't know if the 2.2 update will close the vulnerabilities that currently exist in Android 2.1 for the MOTO Droid, so rooting post-update may be difficult.

The Droid 1 should always be rootable because the 2.01 stock sbf file exists and we know we can root Android 2.01 on the Droid 1.

These new tools definitely make things easier. Especially for those who don't have access to windows based computer, or any computer at all.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Considering that the Android 2.2 OTA is coming within the next couple days, now is a very important time to decide whether or not to root. We don't know if the 2.2 update will close the vulnerabilities that currently exist in Android 2.1 for the MOTO Droid, so rooting post-update may be difficult.

The Droid 1 should always be rootable because the 2.01 stock sbf file exists and we know we can root Android 2.01 on the Droid 1.

These new tools definitely make things easier. Especially for those who don't have access to windows based computer, or any computer at all.

true, but many people prefer not to mess with an SBF... too difficult/scary... etc

hart.jordan

Reaction score
Is it me or all the steps that go into rooting an android phone a lot more difficult that running a leaked update on the Blackberry platform? does this one click app bypass all the flashing and SPreco... and all this mumbo jumbo (im so lost when it comes to rooting and flashing and all this stuff, if you couldnt tell.)

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it me or all the steps that go into rooting an android phone a lot more difficult that running a leaked update on the Blackberry platform? does this one click app bypass all the flashing and SPreco... and all this mumbo jumbo (im so lost when it comes to rooting and flashing and all this stuff, if you couldnt tell.)

this app does not flash SPRecovery. In order to do so, you will need to download/install ROM Manager after you root. From ROM Manager you will be able to install SPRecovery or ClockworkMod recovery.

liam.

Reaction score
So what do I do after downloading this? Do I have to install anything else? What about after I download this and want the official version can I still get it? Is the official one definitely coming out this week?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

liam.

Reaction score
Do I have to back my phone up first?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rmcray08

Reaction score
Alright, just downloaded and rooted.

Rebooted phone and now have ROM manager installed.

So far, so good, though this is my first experience with rooting.