Easy Root, one-click root for DROID 1 and DROID X, works as intended

liam.

Reaction score
Alright, can someone who has used easy root, point me in the right direction? What do I need to do to back my phone up and can I un-root?

keithsmith22

Reaction score
For anyone who has used this, do you have to reinstall the apps that you have already downloaded or does it remember them? Also, I am assuming you make your first backup when you download ROM Manager.

rmart88

Reaction score
Ok, so I def want to root... but only really to Overclock, I want to stick with 2.1 for now (I dont want to mess around with ROMs... yet). This is possible correct? I know that I need to download a new kernel to OC, but that is something I can do without flashing an entire ROM right?

07FX4Chick

Reaction score
Downloaded and rooted. Worked great dancedroid

Did you lose any data? Any apps? Or was everything exactly the same after you rooted? Also, is there an option to unroot in the app?

All apps, settings and data still there. Exact the same, no problems there.

There is no option to "unroot" at this time, but as someone else stated, the author says there will be an update so we can unroot.

I am not too worried about unrooting because once the OTA update comes down, I will leave it as is, even if the 2.2 OTA kills it. I did the "rooted" process about 6 months ago, but had to restore it back tio original to get a "replacement phone" when the headphones jack died on me. I just got this replacement Droid last week and this option to root is MUCH easier and faster than the manual way :)

Jasko

Reaction score
This was the first app that I've paid for since I've been wanting to Root my Droid for the longest lol. Root took about 2 seconds (is that normal? lol) and was done before I blinked. I rebooted phone and everything seems to be working fine. I tested out Dropcap2 and that works so it's Rooted as far as I know... now I need to figure out how to install some Roms as well. :)

Zecpull

Reaction score
Easy is right

I just used this ..and it was easier than doing the ota upgrade to 2.1...It had easy buttons for all the Software Downloads.. 20 min tops from 2.1 to 2.2 with Titanium backups..and all...Thanks..

Jasko

Reaction score
Sorry to hi-jack a thread, but I downloaded ROM Manager and am trying to install Bugless Beast 1.1 @ 1GHz and I keep getting an error.. in my notification list it just says ROM Download Error. Did I skip a step in trying to install a ROM?