One-click Root for your Droid X

Grifter

Reaction score
has anyone gotten this to work? im running 2.1-update1 version 1.13.604.MB810.Verizon.en.US. if someone got this working can you explain what method you used? ive tried PC mode and usb mass storage and it just sits there saying "installing motorola drivers for DroidX..."

I did get it to work sucessfully. Like you, I was getting a lot of the Motorola driver installs after plugging in my phone to my PC. I would up disconnnecting it and then re-connecting it. The Motorola application opened and it was fine. I then went to Settings >Applications >Development and turned on USB debugging (I tried it before hooking the phone up to the PC - it needs to be done AFTER you connect it to the PC to work correctly). Ran the install executable after unzipping the files into a folder, did the Bluetooth toggle when prompted and it rooted successfully.

Now....I'll be looking for posts on what applications to remove and how to do that successfully.

Grifter

Reaction score
this will probably cause a lot of commotion from noobs cause this makes it so everyone can do it so now no one will know whats going on i think everyone should do it the old school way at least once then this could be for just quick use for those you know what they are doing

I'm all in favour of having it this way as opposed to doing it the "hard" way or the long way. Reason being, is that not everyone understands code - including myself.

The goal here is to help each other and make it as easy as possible without doing damage to your phone, for everyone that wants to root or jailbreak their phones. I myself am very grateful for those that have broken the code and those fellow geeks that make it possible for individuals like myself to root my phone without knowing code.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
List of benefits of rooting if ROMS aren't an option please
Removing apps you will never have a use for that VZW puts on your phone and you cant remove, wireless tethering to name 2

How can you wirelessly tether, now you got my attention dancedroid

with the wireless tether app ;) which you can only use if you are rooted like all droiders should be dancedroid ill never go back to stock again.

also i heard a week ago that you can bluetooth tether a laptop if the laptop has bluetooth with the X

Grifter

Reaction score
I admit. I was hesitant and even a bit skeptical, but intrigued about rooting my phone. Mainly because I'm code illiterate. But when they came out with the zip file for the 1 touch root, I knew I had to do it.

It was literally so easy, that a caveman could do it.

I renamed the extension of a few apps I have no use for (I did not delete the app). I also added Wireless Tether and Titanium Backup.

I'm currently looking for more "rooted" apps to use......I'd never go back to stock either dancedroid

rcklss1

Reaction score
does this only unroot if you rooted using this program??? trying to unroot and i keep getting mounting system directory and it just hangs there... thanks in advance

marvelous7325

Reaction score
the one touch app has been saying "Installing Motorola Drivers for Droid X" for the past 20 minutes. i feel like the simplest thing has just been made difficult

lutheranpriest

Reaction score
The rooting worked for me!!!

I just have one problem, and I'm praying one of you has the answer! After rooting, I have huge problems with Bluetooth. My headset disconnects at random, and has so much static most of the time that I can't use it. I un-rooted, and now it works perfectly. Any ideas as to what the problem/solution is? Thanks in advance!!

DJMagic

Reaction score
Does The one click roots work with OSX? or do I gotta use my PC?

Thanks in advance.

-Magic

lutheranpriest

Reaction score
Does The one click roots work with OSX? or do I gotta use my PC?

Thanks in advance.

-Magic

It won't work. There's a slight chance that it might work using WineBottler - Run Windows Programs directly on OS X, but you do need to make sure that you have the latest version of NET Framework installed. I did it through a virtual machine using Parallels, though you could use Bootcamp as well. It would be less trouble just to use a PC, if you don't have either Bootcamp or Parallels.

lutheranpriest

Reaction score
Wifi Tethering?

I no longer have problems with the Bluetooth connection, I unrooted, and re-rooted, and now it works perfect.

Is anyone else having problems with Wifi Tethering? It works for a while, then the connection times out, and I have to reset it. Needless to say, I'm back to using PDANet. At least it's consistent!!

If anyone knows of a fix for this, please post it!!

Maximus205

Reaction score
Before you do the on click root do I need to get an app to backup anything? If so what are the steps before the one-click root process? Thx in adavnce.

rickkane

Reaction score
So, I am a total noob at this. I installed the one click root, and it says root successful. My question is how do I delete files I don't want, such as blockbuster and amazon, and also, how do I add the tether and those other goodies? I see the following in the window,

drivers
phone
tools
usb_driver
DroidXRoot

Can anyone please post a step by step of the proper path please? Thanks in advance...