Easy rooting method...anyone tried it?

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm dying to try it but I'm so worried there's no backup procedure. I would have thought the first steps would be all about backing up the original system files so as to be able to restore if something goes wrong mid stream...

Chasjr

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm dying to try it but I'm so worried there's no backup procedure. I would have thought the first steps would be all about backing up the original system files so as to be able to restore if something goes wrong mid stream...

It's the method I used and I have never rooted before it did all the work...

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Have you done anything further re: ROMs?

First, there is no way to "back up your system" unless you have root.

Second, there are no ROMs yet, Root was recently achieved and only VERY recently was a method to recover a soft bricked device.

We still have no alternative recovery (ClockworkMod or such) so no way to install unsigned .zip files, etc.. Plus a 2nd-init hasn't been found either that allows us to get around the locked bootloader.

ROMs will be coming.....just not yet.

Sent via Google TV

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
Thanks! I should probably wait then. First, because it's so new. Second, because I don't even understand what a 2nd-init is (well I kind of do but I am really having trouble finding a "for noobs" version of all this stuff) I follow "root" but after that it gets fuzzy. Wish someone had a one step guide for all this....

stabl4life82

Reaction score
Bro it is actually really easy. U just download the script to your desktop and plug ur phone in under charge mode only on your pc and then run the downloaded script. Bammm. Done.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

stabl4life82

Reaction score
And there is also a sbf to restore like brand new now anyways so either way, you are in the good

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
I know I know and I'm actually fairly technically savy when it comes to PCs but smartphones and the droid OS are very new to me.

Like you mention "sbf to restore to brand new" but I am not sure what that means. I saw one link to a supposed "unroot your droid 3" process but it only had root instructions...nothing for unrooting just in case.

Mugen

Reaction score
I dis the one click root and it worked fine

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
And there is also a sbf to restore like brand new now anyways so either way, you are in the good

I;m having trouble locating the "restore" or "unroot" software/procedure. Can you shoot me a link if you have it handy? I may root this weekend and dont' want to if I don't have the restore option...

jimmiet

Reaction score
Follow the on-click root method found here then buy the "Droid 3 Recovery Bootstrapper" by Clockworkmod for $2.99 in the market. The bootstrapper gives you ClockworkMod Recovery so you can perform backup and restore function. All easy to use and do if you follow the directions. Google is your friend.!

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
Thanks! Yes I had seen this one before but it was the unrooting piece I was not sure about so thanks for that!

Also, if your phone is rooted, what happens when an OTA update for the O/S comes out. Will that brick the phone? Will it prompt to ask if you want to install so I can decline?

evilashell

Reaction score
Jimmiet I looked on the link u posted . Im runnung windows xp do I need to dl anything diffrent?