easy one click root for droid x running ota .605

Redjak

Reaction score
I'm surprised there aren't any replies to this...anyway, thank you for the link! I'll try it out, I've been wanting to root my X for a while now since I updated and lost the Froyo root.

Edit: It's been a while since I've been on these forums...anyway, I can confirm this method DOES work, and it's extremely easy at that.

Last edited:

sparkyaz

Reaction score
On the download page it states "WARNING for Droid X: Previously rooted DX owners who took an OTA update and then lost root should proceed with caution. This seems to only work flawlessly on SBF’d DX’s or fully factory stock ones(read: never been rooted). The problem is with getting Superuser installed because it is already on your phone from when you were rooted previously".

I am in this class that previously rooted and have super user on the phone. Is there a fix or work around that will enable me to re-root my phone?

e30bimmer89

Reaction score
All you have to do is SBF back to .602 or Froyo then proceed with the OTA update then use the one click link here. I was on rooted .602 and used the one click method and got the .605 rooted with no issuesdancedroid

droidtom

Reaction score
Mine worked fine. Took the over the air to 605 and lost root. Couldn't remove superuser and the root was not working. Realized that there was a newer version with a line saying use the upper one and I had been using the older version. I reloaded the drivers from the provided link and ran the newer one and everything is great again.

sparkyaz

Reaction score
Ok. Here's my dumb question. How do I SBF?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

e30bimmer89

Reaction score
Here is a link that pretty muchs tells you how to do it has the download links for both the newest .602 SBF and RSD Lite
DROID X Gingerbread 4.5.602 SBF Released After that, take the update to .605, or stay on .602 and flash a new ROM. If you take the .605 update, you can root it with the 1-click method. I did this and it has been working with out any problems.

Just my $0.02, if you decide to stay on .602 and load up either Sensi or Suji, with my own personal experience, I get better battery with the stock GB.

meaker

Reaction score
I tried it the other day(about 8 times) but it never worked. I guess it was cause I all ready used it to root on .602.. Even thou many have used it for .602 and then .605..

I finally gave up and sbf to .602.. Now here's the kicker. I was going to sbf then update then root well I got to chatting with my gf( blah blah blah) and started rooting before doing the update. So I was damn I'm going have to sbf again but I decided to try rooting after .605 and it took that time... Not sure why it wouldn't before cause I followed the same steps..

N1nj4Dr01d_X

Reaction score
so on a totally stock Droid X with the .605 update the one-click method can be used with success?
Also, what are the additional apps that should be installed on the phone before rooting.
I have Root Explorer, Droid X Recovery Bootstrap, and Android Overclock.
Would i need to setup a Recovery Boot before rooting? Wouldn't i need to be rooted before setting up a recovery boot?
I want to have all my "ducks in a row" before starting this to ensure i can revert back to stock form.
:icon_eek:

e30bimmer89

Reaction score
so on a totally stock Droid X with the .605 update the one-click method can be used with success?
Also, what are the additional apps that should be installed on the phone before rooting.
I have Root Explorer, Droid X Recovery Bootstrap, and Android Overclock.
Would i need to setup a Recovery Boot before rooting? Wouldn't i need to be rooted before setting up a recovery boot?
I want to have all my "ducks in a row" before starting this to ensure i can revert back to stock form.
:icon_eek:

I don't think DROID X bootstraper works with the update. I use D2 and it works everytime. As far as apps go, the ones you have are fine

e30bimmer89

Reaction score
Either in the market or floating around the forum just search for D2 bootstrapped and you should find it.