Rooted OTA .602

BillB11791

Reaction score
One Final Basic Root Question

Will I see a noticeable improvement in either the speed of my phone, or in the battery life, if I just root for the purpose of removing all the bloatware? Thanks again guys!!

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Will I see a noticeable improvement in either the speed of my phone, or in the battery life, if I just root for the purpose of removing all the bloatware? Thanks again guys!!

I've noticed .602 has much better battery life, and it does seem snappier than .596. My quadrant scores went from about the 1600's on .596 overclocked to 1.15 to the 1800's on .602 overclocked to 1.15.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BillB11791

Reaction score
Clarification

Thank you, I agree 602 is better, but since I am already on 602, my question is, will removing the bloatware via rooting improve the performance of my phone further?

Last edited:

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Thank you, I agree 602 is better, but since I am already on 602, my question is, will removing the bloatware via rooting improve the performance of my phone further?

It should, but I wouldn't remove it as you need it on your phone for any future updates the x may receive. I would use either rom toolbox or titanium backup to freeze the app so you can easily unfreeze when you want to.

dyingjedi

Reaction score
Might I suggest bloat freezer or ES task manager now freezes

It should, but I wouldn't remove it as you need it on your phone for any future updates the x may receive. I would use either rom toolbox or titanium backup to freeze the app so you can easily unfreeze when you want to.

I have used bloat freezer lots, I still think it is better then titanium backup. But recently newer and slick FROM the creators ES File explorer
Get there new and improved task manager suite. It now freezes with root privilege very excited about this new bloat freezer. Good luck.
Dj

J

JriderG

Anyone have problems doing this? I read that if you were rooted on froyo with z4 it doesn't work. I tried on a friends and it didn't go through. I was checking if anyone knows of an easy fix, besides sbf.

huskur

Reaction score
OK. I have successfully rooted. Now i would like my tether back. Has anyone had success on with this?